Any National Liberty Meet-ups?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking with a friend of mine who for the past 11 years, has helped organize a national meet-up for Toyota FJ Cruisers called the FJSummit (FSSummit.org). Its a once-a-year meet-up for wheeling and other FJ/Toyota related interests. I know there are a myriad of General Jeep events, but I was wondering if there is anything dedicated for the Liberty?

I looked at all the Jeep Jamboree stuff - and that looks over-crowded with wranglers. I know my search can't have been exhaustive, but I did search many times and couldn't come up with anything.

Is there anything? I think it would kind of be awesome to have that type of event, I just don't see anything out there.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was talking with a friend of mine who for the past 11 years, has helped organize a national meet-up for Toyota FJ Cruisers called the FJSummit (FSSummit.org). Its a once-a-year meet-up for wheeling and other FJ/Toyota related interests. I know there are a myriad of General Jeep events, but I was wondering if there is anything dedicated for the Liberty?

I looked at all the Jeep Jamboree stuff - and that looks over-crowded with wranglers. I know my search can't have been exhaustive, but I did search many times and couldn't come up with anything.

Is there anything? I think it would kind of be awesome to have that type of event, I just don't see anything out there.

LOSTJEEPs used to do a KJ only run at MOAB every year
then also one at WindRock every year for a few years
Problem is not that many would go to either event
We had a run a few years back that had 21-22 KJs at a weekend event in Indiana when a friend of ours came over from Spain. Most I've ever seen in one spot . Although we have had I think 13-14 at my place for a weekend of fun/eating etc

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just KJ's...... I have been to a few but they were organised by forum members. Did one in Florida with a bunch of KJ members from that state. One in Ct. many in NY with just KJ's. A couple in Penn. These were a while ago and the groups disbanded over time. Other than that some runs with all jeeps,mostly wranglers and XJ's.

As far as National Events for KJ"s I am not aware of any.

Since you are in Colorado, a beautiful State with plenty of off-road opportunities, you could think about starting something. You could pm tjkj2002 and see if he knows of anything since he is in Colorado. I know we have a couple of others in your neck of the woods but I got a brain cramp right now....LOL

Dave

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just KJ's...... I have been to a few but they were organised by forum members. Did one in Florida with a bunch of KJ members from that state. One in Ct. many in NY with just KJ's. A couple in Penn. These were a while ago and the groups disbanded over time. Other than that some runs with all jeeps,mostly wranglers and XJ's.

As far as National Events for KJ"s I am not aware of any.

Since you are in Colorado, a beautiful State with plenty of off-road opportunities, you could think about starting something. You could pm tjkj2002 and see if he knows of anything since he is in Colorado. I know we have a couple of others in your neck of the woods but I got a brain cramp right now....LOL

Dave

I may consider doing that... I just need to talk again with my friend about how much of a PITA it was setting it all up for the FJ Summit. Colorado is indeed a great place to trail ride with everything from pansy to full on pucker.

Before I gauge interest, I need to find out more logistics... and talk to people who have done this kinda thing before!!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I went to the East Coast Safari in Windrock a few times and it just kind of died out.
Hard to even find people to wheel with in general. Couldn't find anyone that was interested in the Iowa Jeep show either.

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah... that's the big concern. Set it all up and only 3 people show. I'll have to learn more about how successful meet-up have gone.