Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > General Forums > Serious Offroad Trips, Trail Rides, and Meets

Serious Offroad Trips, Trail Rides, and Meets

Any National Liberty Meet-ups?

This is a discussion on Any National Liberty Meet-ups? within the Serious Offroad Trips, Trail Rides, and Meets forums, part of the General Forums category!
I was talking with a friend of mine who for the past 11 years, has helped organize a national meet-up ...

Plan upcoming offroad meets, trail rides, and meet & greets.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jo6pak
  • 1 Post By djtimyd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2017, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Any National Liberty Meet-ups?

I was talking with a friend of mine who for the past 11 years, has helped organize a national meet-up for Toyota FJ Cruisers called the FJSummit (FSSummit.org). Its a once-a-year meet-up for wheeling and other FJ/Toyota related interests. I know there are a myriad of General Jeep events, but I was wondering if there is anything dedicated for the Liberty?

I looked at all the Jeep Jamboree stuff - and that looks over-crowded with wranglers. I know my search can't have been exhaustive, but I did search many times and couldn't come up with anything.

Is there anything? I think it would kind of be awesome to have that type of event, I just don't see anything out there.
djtimyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Originally Posted by djtimyd View Post
I was talking with a friend of mine who for the past 11 years, has helped organize a national meet-up for Toyota FJ Cruisers called the FJSummit (FSSummit.org). Its a once-a-year meet-up for wheeling and other FJ/Toyota related interests. I know there are a myriad of General Jeep events, but I was wondering if there is anything dedicated for the Liberty?

I looked at all the Jeep Jamboree stuff - and that looks over-crowded with wranglers. I know my search can't have been exhaustive, but I did search many times and couldn't come up with anything.

Is there anything? I think it would kind of be awesome to have that type of event, I just don't see anything out there.
LOSTJEEPs used to do a KJ only run at MOAB every year
then also one at WindRock every year for a few years
Problem is not that many would go to either event
We had a run a few years back that had 21-22 KJs at a weekend event in Indiana when a friend of ours came over from Spain. Most I've ever seen in one spot . Although we have had I think 13-14 at my place for a weekend of fun/eating etc
04 Kilimanjaro Edition
4.5 INCH JBA LIFT/ 32s/4.10s/ etc
03 OVERLAND EDITION, Timberline Green Pearlcoat, JBA 2.5 inch Total Control Lift, Kilby gas tank skid, Skid Row, 4XGuard mixture, MOABs, 265-70-16s, 4.10s, Mudds bumper
05 Limited/stock for now
tommudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Administrator

Just KJ's...... I have been to a few but they were organised by forum members. Did one in Florida with a bunch of KJ members from that state. One in Ct. many in NY with just KJ's. A couple in Penn. These were a while ago and the groups disbanded over time. Other than that some runs with all jeeps,mostly wranglers and XJ's.

As far as National Events for KJ"s I am not aware of any.

Since you are in Colorado, a beautiful State with plenty of off-road opportunities, you could think about starting something. You could pm tjkj2002 and see if he knows of anything since he is in Colorado. I know we have a couple of others in your neck of the woods but I got a brain cramp right now....LOL

Dave

Need More Stuff..

Become a Supporting Member
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/payments.php
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mall parking lots, grocery stores, soccer fields
Kj/toy likes this.

RETIRED-2004 Black KJ Sport 4x4, 3.7L petrol, Auto.
Front: OME coils, Bilstein shocks. Rear: OME coils, KYB shocks JBA UCAs, .
Powder coated OEM steelies (Graphic metallic) with General Grabber AT2 235-70/16
OEM Trans and TC skids. Front tow hooks, Rear hitch D-Ring. Husky liners

2012 Grand Cherokee Laredo. 3.6L with QT2/Select-trac.
WeatherTech liners, tow hooks
Jo6pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Jo6pak View Post
Mall parking lots, grocery stores, soccer fields

Jo6pak likes this.

Last edited by djtimyd; 09-29-2017 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Just KJ's...... I have been to a few but they were organised by forum members. Did one in Florida with a bunch of KJ members from that state. One in Ct. many in NY with just KJ's. A couple in Penn. These were a while ago and the groups disbanded over time. Other than that some runs with all jeeps,mostly wranglers and XJ's.

As far as National Events for KJ"s I am not aware of any.

Since you are in Colorado, a beautiful State with plenty of off-road opportunities, you could think about starting something. You could pm tjkj2002 and see if he knows of anything since he is in Colorado. I know we have a couple of others in your neck of the woods but I got a brain cramp right now....LOL

Dave
I may consider doing that... I just need to talk again with my friend about how much of a PITA it was setting it all up for the FJ Summit. Colorado is indeed a great place to trail ride with everything from pansy to full on pucker.

Before I gauge interest, I need to find out more logistics... and talk to people who have done this kinda thing before!!
Old 09-27-2017, 09:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Gold Supporter/Admin

I went to the East Coast Safari in Windrock a few times and it just kind of died out.
Hard to even find people to wheel with in general. Couldn't find anyone that was interested in the Iowa Jeep show either.
96 XJ Country
It's better to have a winch and need it than to not have a winch and not need it
HoosierJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

yeah... that's the big concern. Set it all up and only 3 people show. I'll have to learn more about how successful meet-up have gone.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'd be down.
  • '98 XJ Sport - 6" Full-Traction 4-Link Long Arm - Jeepspeed #2731 (Race Jeep)
Sponsored by UltRanger & CellTech
Myke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #10 (permalink)

SO how is the panning going?

Dates/Location yet?

Jim