2004 Electrical Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milesvdustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 2004 is giving me headaches with some electrical gremlins. I have been having an intermittent driver side brake running lamp, new bukb fixes it then nothing. None of the contacts are loose inside the housing. Tonight, my wife said she was driving and lost the dash lights and the ability to use the turn signals, and the air conditioner stopped working. Shutting off the car and restarting seemed to fix it.

I checked around online and a couple places mentioned fuse #9. I looked at mine and it is still intact and looks good. She also mentioned maybe the ignition cylinder feeling different, but no further description. I think it feels normal.

Thoughts?

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuse #9 would be the correct fuse to check, so long as it's the right side brake light. Being that you have multiple circuits showing issues, I personally would check all of your fuses. And if you're not confident you know what a bad fuse looks like, just Google the differences before checking.
If you don't feel like checking all, at least check 7,9,12,13,14..
The brake lights, ac clutch, and instrument cluster are on separate circuits.. perhaps they share a common ground that isn't getting continuity.
If the bulb fixes it then back to nothing..there must be some continuity..high resistance from a ground would typically just dim the lights not allow them to be bright then gone..Id figure at least..
My money would be on a cut/rubbing/melting/deteriorating wiring harness somewhere that's containing wiring for both circuits..
Or it could be something very different and quick. Curious to see the results though, keep us posted!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online