For Sale Forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to set a minimum post amount for the For Sale section (or maybe even the entire Marketplace category) of the forum?

There is currently a post in there with an item for sale which is the user's first post. In the past I've seen members with 5 posts and the other four before their For Sale post consisted of one to two words posts.

I would just hate to see a real member get screwed by someone like this or even anybody else who finds the post through a Google search and emails the individual. Both scenarios have happened before.

I know this has been brought up before but :shrug:

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe up-ing it to 15 posts, so it would be a bit more....awkward to do one word posts?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought I had it setup to where members can not post a new thread in the for sale section unless they have 50 posts and are registered for over 5 days. I will have to see the setup again. Thanks for the heads up.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally disagree wit the min post rules. I have pointed many local Liberty owners or ex-Liberty owners to this site to sell left-over accessories. My purpose was always to help users on this site get some good deals. Just guessing that the post that was in the for sale forum was from someone in the DFW area with some seat covers, tires cover, and some other stuff. I actually pointed them here to sell. Oh well, if someone want a good deal on seat covers, check DFW craigslist.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most forums seem to have a minimum post rule for the "For Sale" sections.

I do understand the reasons for it, but as long as the posts are related to KJs I dont's see an issue.

Now, if the site becomes a classified section for every ****** with a pile of beanine babies, then that's another set of problems.:shrug:

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Most forums seem to have a minimum post rule for the "For Sale" sections.

I do understand the reasons for it, but as long as the posts are related to KJs I dont's see an issue.

Now, if the site becomes a classified section for every ****** with a pile of beanine babies, then that's another set of problems.:shrug:

If there wasn't a minimum post count, it would turn into a classified forum.

simond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so what's up now ? trying to put an ad in the sale section but nut able to ....

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
so what's up now ? trying to put an ad in the sale section but nut able to ....

You need to have been registered for 5 days or more and have over 50 posts to post a new thread in the for sale section.

Reaction score
Luckily for me, I'll still be in the buying phase for my jeep for a while, might have to get more chatty to get 50 posts though. Every time i'm wondering something about my KJ I can find the answer really quick just using the search

mmc757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 50 post rule is silly for a WTB thread, or for responding to a FS thread. Often, its a need for help or parts that leads people to these forums in the first place, and joining only to discover that you cant ask for what you need is pretty annoying.
Nobody wants a bunch of a55holes posting FS threads that arent appropriate but prospective buyers should have a little more flexibility.

A rule I have seen work very well elsewhere is that sellers are required to post a photo of the item for sale along with a sign of some sort with their username and date in the photo.

Last edited:

joeaub

Reaction score
wow, 50 posts is alot. I have been a lurker here for over a year. I sell many items on ebay but would like to avoid their high fees. I have a few Liberty items I would like to sell but 50 posts would take me a while.
I can understand for sure that the Seller should have to be a member for at least a week or 2 and must introduce themselves in the intro section, and have a minimum number of posts, say for example, 5-10 but 50 is pretty high.

It will definitely discourage the fly by nighters looking to sell their snake oil and disappear, BUT it may also chase away legitimate people looking to sell some items.

JJam2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have things I want to buy but I can even comment on the stuff for sell because of the limits.

Latest posts

Members online