Many KK posts in KJ Section.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
So many new members are posting KK questions in the KJ section.
Are they not viewing the model year difference or don't know any better?

So in our main page the dates of KJ's & KK are highlighted in red by me..ie:02 to 07
50510[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

and when you click on KJ section in the Kj header there are no dates now.
I think adding it in the header may prevent some KK'ers posting in wrong section
Could we add dates here as well?
50512[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Hmmm..just a thought ok...
I also would like to volunteer to help move stuff if you need me too....
I am VB familiar with thread tools/check boxes etc...no training needed just permissions.. Just thought I would mention that...I am available..:gr_grin:

Attachments

• 6915.jpg
    6915.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 6916.jpg
    6916.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 0

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LibertyTC: if they upgrade you to admin, we need more stickies. if not at least a sticky on how to use google to search jeepkj.com

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya VB forum search engine can be painful ...
I learned a long time ago when I was trying to use a helpful link from KJ country in a thread to go to google add Jeep topic KJ Country or jeepkj.com (look for more results from) ..voilla...!
How about a new section for popular Topics with mega likes threads as well for fun reading?
Problem with too many stickies is they can get lost in the pile LOL...

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with google, type the keywords first followed by site:jeepkj.com

I think starting a new section that people cant reply or add new threads for FAQ or guides would be good. You could move any good how to threads or good threads in that section.

Heck, even compile it better, then the pros can edit them before it goes live.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm senior moderator (next in line for admin) over at camaroforums.com, which is also a VB site. At mod level, you are able to edit/delete/move posts & threads, make stickies, edit signatures, give warnings/infractions, and ban members. If something needs "fixing" over there, it gets done. To make actual site changes, such as altering sections etc., that's done at the admin level. Don't expect to be handed the crown right off the bat to run the place, that ain't gonna happen, it's a stepping stone process.
Interesting though that you bring up the KJ/KK issue. I've seen a number of requests within the threads, either by other members or by the OP (oops posted in wrong section) asking for the threads to be moved. Yet, there they still are. Also have seen a few sticky worthy threads, even asked to be one by members. I'd have to go back to look, but I'll bet they're still not made a sticky.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much of the problem is also the people using TapTalk. Using it on a phone it can be easy to miss that you are in the KJ section instead of the KK or vice versa. Everything has the KJ jpeg image next to it which is more noticeable on a mobile platform.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That could have something to do with the misplacement's. I tried tappytalk only once, and didn't like it. It gives me the feeling that I'm missing something (insert wisecrack here). With 4G and wi-fi at home and at work, I don't have a reason not to want to view in full site mode.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so far I've seen that HJ and yellowcoyote are admins w/ Tommudd as mod
don't know who else is involved

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My take on stickies
If everything was stickied that people wanted there would be 10 pages of nothing but. Better to put it in a How to or something like that than cluttering up the main pages.
As far as KK/KJ cross posting a lot of times a newbie doesn't know which they have so they are just posting on what comes up first.Plus most questions can be cross posted anyways
And tapatalk or whatever that crap is was the worst move ever, half of the comments you can't read, half are in the wrong places ( not even close to where they should of been)

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody suggested every asked sticky be made one. I don't make sticky threads willy-nilly either. The ones that are worthy are the good helpful write-ups that cover a commonly asked question.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I've seen a number of requests within the threads, either by other members or by the OP (oops posted in wrong section) asking for the threads to be moved. Yet, there they still are.

If we don't personally get into each and every thread, we don't see those requests. I can't speak for the rest of the admin/mod staff, but I personally don't peruse EVERY thread and post that goes live on the forum. But, if someone sends me a PM to ask, then I get on it right away. I think it may just be a matter of notifying us in a more noticeable way.

I would suggest sending a PM or flagging it as you might for a spammer.

Also have seen a few sticky worthy threads, even asked to be one by members. I'd have to go back to look, but I'll bet they're still not made a sticky.

Back in the day, we used to have a TON of stickies... and were asked to remove some of the 'less popular' ones due to the amount of clutter on the main pages. Seems every few years, people want less... and then they want more. I hear what you're saying though.

Again, best suggestion might be to send a message to one of the admins/mods about a thread you might like as a sticky so we can discuss it from there. Otherwise, I keep a browser bookmark of pages I revisit often... just a thought. :happy160:

And in terms of the KK invading KJ territory... and vice versa... I'll have to take some time over the next few days to see if I can get some of that sorted out. Work has be chaos up until last week - now I have time to catch up. ;)

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would having more mods help? I don't know how many mods there are or how active they are.

I bookmark threads as well.

I think it might be nice to have a different sticky how to section.
When I first joined the forum, I thought the How to section would list every how tos but instead it wasn't. There were some threads that were more of a forum discussion versus a how to guide.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
No Reply ..I guess they do not Love Me.. :emotions36: :flowers2:
:gr_grin:

Latest posts

Members online