Very confused. Need help buying my OME front struts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepguy26.2

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm trying to buy my OME lift kit parts. I have been looking for places where I can get them shipped free with as little tax charged as possible. I have found a lot of the OME parts on ebay with free shipping. My issue is I have encountered two different pictures of the OME Nitrocharger sport front strut(#90009) and Idk which one is the right one.

In the pictures on ebay and alot of other sites the struts have a stud and eye protruding from the bottom and have a black dust boot. In the other pictures I have encountered, like the one for the individual 90009 strut on JBA's website, the strut just has a rounded butt at the bottom(similar to the Bilsteins) and no black dust boot. At the same time however, on JBA's website they show the 90009 struts with the stud and eye at the bottom and black dust boots in the picture for the 1.5" OME lift kit. I'm very confused.

So are there two different styles of the OME Nitrocharger 90009 front strut? If so which ones should I get? I would think the front strut should have the rounded bottom because wouldn't that stud and eye at the bottom poke through the fork and interfere with the CV axels? But if that is the case and I need to get the ones with the rounded end, do I not get a black dust boot?

I will attach a picture of each so you know what I'm talking about and I am sorry if I am not using the correct terminology.
Thank you guys. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• OME strut pic 2.jpg
    OME strut pic 2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 22
  • OME Strut pic 1.jpg
    OME Strut pic 1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 22

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The JBA is the correct one. The other may have the wrong pic attached

2004 3.7 limited

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep first pic is definitely not the right one
That’s why I don’t trust eBay.. good luck!

Latest posts

Members online