Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) > Lift Kit Discussion

Lift Kit Discussion

Ready to pull the lift trigger

This is a discussion on Ready to pull the lift trigger within the Lift Kit Discussion forums, part of the Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) category!
I am ready to order lift parts to install while I replace other worn out suspension pieces and want to ...

Discuss all the different types of lifts and which is right for you.

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2018, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ready to pull the lift trigger

I am ready to order lift parts to install while I replace other worn out suspension pieces and want to make sure I haven't missed anything before I do.

JBA Upper control arms for lifted KJ

OME2927 Springs / 90009 Struts
OME2948 Springs / N132L Long Shocks

JBA Strut Spacer Plate Set

TeraFlex Bump Stops

Clevis Spacer 0.250"

JBA Y Link Extension fits 2.5" - 4" lifts

1 added set of rear upper coil spring isolators

If I have read correctly, this should put me at 3.5" above factory height, correct? Or do I need another set of isolators for the rear?

Is there any reason to not reuse the original top strut mounts and f/r isolators?

Thanks,

Marty
2005 KJ Rocky Mountain 4x4 (Black) - OME 927/948 springs; OME F/R(132L) shocks; JBA 1/4" top spacer plates; JBA 3/8" clevis spacers; JBA UCAs; TeraFlex front bumpstops; hockey puck rear bumpstops; 2 extra rear upper isos each side; JBA y-link extension; Hankook Dynapro ATMs 245/75/16 on stock 16x7 wheels
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
I am ready to order lift parts to install while I replace other worn out suspension pieces and want to make sure I haven't missed anything before I do.

JBA Upper control arms for lifted KJ

OME2927 Springs / 90009 Struts
OME2948 Springs / N132L Long Shocks

JBA Strut Spacer Plate Set

TeraFlex Bump Stops

Clevis Spacer 0.250"

JBA Y Link Extension fits 2.5" - 4" lifts

1 added set of rear upper coil spring isolators

If I have read correctly, this should put me at 3.5" above factory height, correct? Or do I need another set of isolators for the rear?

Is there any reason to not reuse the original top strut mounts and f/r isolators?

Thanks,

Marty

at that height you will have spring/ UCA contact or real close to it
What size tires are you planning on afterwards?
04 Kilimanjaro Edition
4.5 INCH JBA LIFT/ 32s/4.10s/ etc
03 OVERLAND EDITION, Timberline Green Pearlcoat, JBA 2.5 inch Total Control Lift, Kilby gas tank skid, Skid Row, 4XGuard mixture, MOABs, 265-70-16s, 4.10s, Mudds bumper
05 Limited/stock for now
tommudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
at that height you will have spring/ UCA contact or real close to it
What size tires are you planning on afterwards?
Shouldn't the JBA UCAs take care of that?

I haven't decided on tires yet. It seems that 245/75/16 is a good choice, but I am open to other options.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Shouldn't the JBA UCAs take care of that?

I haven't decided on tires yet. It seems that 245/75/16 is a good choice, but I am open to other options.
The JBA arms does to a degree, but main thing is sitting the ball joint at a better angle so its not on a bind. Like I said maybe 5 0ut 0f 8 have an issue at 3.5 inches with UCA/ spring contact on bumps.
245-75-16s some run without regearing, I don't, my suggestion is always a regear at that size and above . With that height and 4.10s it puts it back to stock pretty much as far as running, pulling and over all driveability
04 Kilimanjaro Edition
03 OVERLAND EDITION, Timberline Green Pearlcoat, JBA 2.5 inch Total Control Lift, Kilby gas tank skid, Skid Row, 4XGuard mixture, MOABs, 265-70-16s, 4.10s, Mudds bumper
05 Limited/stock for now
Old 06-06-2018, 09:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

So if I leave off the clevis lift, I should be fine? What about the rear?

A regear is in the future plans for sure. I am going to check local yards for a 4 cyl to get the parts from and go from there. I just want to make sure everything else is good first.
tommudd likes this.
2005 KJ Rocky Mountain 4x4 (Black) - OME 927/948 springs; OME F/R(132L) shocks; JBA 1/4" top spacer plates; JBA 3/8" clevis spacers; JBA UCAs; TeraFlex front bumpstops; hockey puck rear bumpstops; 2 extra rear upper isos each side; JBA y-link extension; Hankook Dynapro ATMs 245/75/16 on stock 16x7 wheels
Old 06-07-2018, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Trigger pulled!

It's going to be a fair amount of work getting everything done, but I know it will be worth it. I think the hardest part will be replacing the non-lift related worn out parts.

Now I just need to find some hockey pucks. The University here has a hockey team, so I may go ask if they have any used spares. That or the local semi-pro team. For some reason hockey is pretty popular around here; it's odd for Alabama lol.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

dumb question but how necessary is the y link extension, cause im looking at a pretty similar list of parts.
Akley88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 01:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Akley88 View Post
dumb question but how necessary is the y link extension, cause im looking at a pretty similar list of parts.

It looks like it keeps it from binding. Check the site a bit—a few threads already on how good it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Akley88 likes this.
Phil + Neela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Akley88 View Post
When you get up into the 3 inch plus range it helps a lot. Some people have a hard time setting the pinion angle correctly but its not hard if you really think and use some common sense
Akley88 likes this.
04 Kilimanjaro Edition
05 Limited/stock for now
Old 06-08-2018, 06:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

If you get the lift in and can't adjust the camber out... you'll need UCAs. I found out the hard way I needed them at 2" lift, and new tires wore crooked in the meantime.

The JBA tri-link extension raised the pinion higher than I wanted. Ideal for CV maybe. Lots of lee-way to raise higher, but not lower. YMMV.

Hers: 2005 Liberty V6/6spd/NV242J/3.55... ~3" lift (Teraflex + KK forks + ¾" cradle drop), RRO arms, No-Slip (front), 245/75R16s, 250,000km
Mine: 1993 W250 ClubCab Cummins/5spd/HX35/3" lift/35" tires/Lockright/extra smoke/more noise/371,000km
u2slow is offline   Reply With Quote