Rancho discontinuing 17505 Struts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and the 17004 shocks. I just got off the phone with AllJ's and they can't get them anymore. They can still get the OME parts.

spechuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably not... they will jack the price since you can't get them any more

yep, called AllJ and they were firm on their prices and were confident that the would be able to clear their inventory at the prices they originally sell them at

scottg

Reaction score
whats a good replacement then?

i just looked up prices today at work, it would cost me in shipping the same amount I'm saving :(

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right Ryan - my understanding was that they are killing off the RSX line - not just specific applications. I'd think they'd have a new line coming out that we'd use.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
From Heather on LOST

RSX17505 & RSX17004 DISCONTINUED BY RANCHO
Hi Everyone! I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that Rancho has decided to discontinue manufacturing the Rancho RSX17505 front strut and the RSX17004 rear shock that is used in many KJ Liberty lift applications. Maybe if they receive a bunch of emails/phone calls about their decision to discontinue these parts they will reconsider. ??

In any event, I also wanted to inform everyone that due to the discontinued Rancho struts and Rancho shocks, the Frankenlift I and Frankenlift I Premium suspension lift kits for the KJ GAS Liberty and the Frankenlift I for the KJ CRD Liberty will also be discontinued. The Frankenlift II and Frankenlift II Premium will continue to be available for GAS KJs and the Frankenlift II Premium will continue to be abailable for CRD KJs. See the Frankenlift web pages for full details on the Frankenlift kits:

GAS KJ Frankenlift kits: http://www.boulderbars.com/frankenlift.htm
CRD KJ Frankenlift kit: http://www.boulderbars.com/frankenlift_crd.htm

PS: All J Products does have 6 RSX17004 shocks left in stock, so if you are considering these shocks, you should buy them before they're gone.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wonder what the next shock up the line is and what they go for? Will have to do some research. Don't want to step down , need either the same design or next step up

calbear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rsx shocks are priced far below xls but what if I blow one of the shocks and have to replace all 4 cause they don't sell em anymore. I'd like to see couple of more people runnin xls before I lay down the cash thou!

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably not... they will jack the price since you can't get them any more

X2. A reduction in supply will usually lead to an increase in prices unless the reduction in supply accompanies and equal or greater reduction in demand.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
This is the email I sent to Rancho/Tenneco regarding the discontinuation of the RSX line of Struts/Shocks.

Good day,
I understand that Rancho Suspension has discontinued the RSX17505 & RSX17004 along with the rest of the RSX line of shocks.
My question is, These shock absorbers are offered from Rancho with a "Lifetime Warranty" How does this effect the warranty for customers who are currently using RSX Shocks? Would will you offer a different model of Rancho shock absorber?
(RS999764 front strut and the RS999248 rear shock with "My Ride"?)
And what would happen if only one shock absorber needs to be replaced under warranty, will you be replacing them with a matched pair?
The reason I ask this, is because I am a member of a Jeep club/forum and the RSX RSX17505 & RSX17004 are the most popular choice for our vehicle.

I look foreward to your reply.

Thank you
Ryan Heibloem

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received my RSX17505 & RSX17004's yesterday. Kinda like foresight. They should last till something new and improved comes out. Curious and following to hear about the "Lifetime Warranty". Thanks for writing them Ryan ;)

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
This is the email I sent to Rancho/Tenneco regarding the discontinuation of the RSX line of Struts/Shocks.

Good day,
I understand that Rancho Suspension has discontinued the RSX17505 & RSX17004 along with the rest of the RSX line of shocks.
My question is, These shock absorbers are offered from Rancho with a "Lifetime Warranty" How does this effect the warranty for customers who are currently using RSX Shocks? Would will you offer a different model of Rancho shock absorber?
(RS999764 front strut and the RS999248 rear shock with "My Ride"?)
And what would happen if only one shock absorber needs to be replaced under warranty, will you be replacing them with a matched pair?
The reason I ask this, is because I am a member of a Jeep club/forum and the RSX RSX17505 & RSX17004 are the most popular choice for our vehicle.

I look foreward to your reply.

Thank you
Ryan Heibloem

Nice Socks,let us know.

calbear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If price is right I'm in for both fronts and backs. maybe for 2 sets!!

Latest posts

Members online