Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) > Lift Kit Discussion

Register to remove these ads.

Lift Kit Discussion

pulls from side to side

This is a discussion on pulls from side to side within the Lift Kit Discussion forums, part of the Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! Originally Posted by bjohnson3827 Update... I swapped out the rear upper and lower ...

Discuss all the different types of lifts and which is right for you.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2017, 12:48 AM   #11 (permalink)

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Originally Posted by bjohnson3827 View Post
Update...

I swapped out the rear upper and lower controls arms today and it 100% solved the railway issue. Thanks for the input and direction everybody. If somebody else is having the issue I would recommend googling 1aauto.com They have the 3 rear control arms for 160 bucks and they seem well built and installed easily.

Thanks again guys!
Just keep an eye on the Tri-link, cheaper ones don't last long .
3 months or less for me , but at least you'll know what to look at next time it does it!
CURRENT PROJECT 03 OVERLAND EDITION, Timberline Green Pearlcoat, 81,000 miles, one owner, JBA 2.5 inch Total Control Lift, Kilby gas tank skid, Skid Row, 4XGuard mixture, MOABs, 265-70-16s, 4.10s, Mudds rear bumper
05 Limited/stock for now
tommudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

I read through this thread, checked the VIN but only the airbag, front ball joint (performed in 06') and the gas tank placement (I have factory tow hitch) recall pulled up.

Mine randomly pulls to the right, much like when driving in a heavy wind gust. I haven't noticed it under or coming off acceleration. Seems to be mostly at highway speeds. My coworker says he noticed it for some time, but has had it aligned recently. Has two new off brand tires on rear, Wrangler's on front.

All my tools are back in MS, I took a week off in October to spend some time checking the steering/suspension and A/C issue.

Once I can get the steering and geometry to spec, I'll install the standard OME kit from Rocky Road. Decided for my needs, an upgrade on stock and 245/75/16 will suffice.
oblivionnewtonjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

Originally Posted by oblivionnewtonjohn View Post
I read through this thread, checked the VIN but only the airbag, front ball joint (performed in 06') and the gas tank placement (I have factory tow hitch) recall pulled up.

Mine randomly pulls to the right, much like when driving in a heavy wind gust. I haven't noticed it under or coming off acceleration. Seems to be mostly at highway speeds. My coworker says he noticed it for some time, but has had it aligned recently. Has two new off brand tires on rear, Wrangler's on front.

All my tools are back in MS, I took a week off in October to spend some time checking the steering/suspension and A/C issue.

Once I can get the steering and geometry to spec, I'll install the standard OME kit from Rocky Road. Decided for my needs, an upgrade on stock and 245/75/16 will suffice.
06 is a long time ago for the ball joints , have they been checked recently?
Check the tri-link and lower rear control arms as well real good

ROCKY ROAD LIFT ?? please no
much better places to deal and get OME lift for less
CURRENT PROJECT 03 OVERLAND EDITION, Timberline Green Pearlcoat, 81,000 miles, one owner, JBA 2.5 inch Total Control Lift, Kilby gas tank skid, Skid Row, 4XGuard mixture, MOABs, 265-70-16s, 4.10s, Mudds rear bumper
05 Limited/stock for now
tommudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
06 is a long time ago for the ball joints , have they been checked recently?
Check the tri-link and lower rear control arms as well real goods
I have not, plan to do so in October unless it gets too unpredictable then I may have to take to a shop.

I bought this to have as a plaything/moto hauler, unfortunately I just moved to new apartments without a garage and all my tools are in storage.

Hoping it will hold off any major issues until I can inspect/replace myself. Hate paying a shop for work I can perform myself.
oblivionnewtonjohn is offline   Reply With Quote