Is my Jeep Lifted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OmarKJ

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I bought my jeep last year from an auction it's a 04 limited edtion. I changed the transmission and it's running alright I have always wondered is my jeep somehow lifted? I mean it looks higher than a stock KJ but I don't see any lift kits installed. When I bought it came with 245/75/r16 tires which are not the stock tires so I went ahead and got 4 brand new 245/75/r16 bfgoodrich tires I don't see or feel any signs of the tires rubbing and it drives so smooth, I'll leave some pictures.

You must be registered for see images attach

Samsolo49

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I bought my jeep last year from an auction it's a 04 limited edtion. I changed the transmission and it's running alright I have always wondered is my jeep somehow lifted? I mean it looks higher than a stock KJ but I don't see any lift kits installed. When I bought it came with 245/75/r16 tires which are not the stock tires so I went ahead and got 4 brand new 245/75/r16 bfgoodrich tires I don't see or feel any signs of the tires rubbing and it drives so smooth, I'll leave some pictures.

I would say it has a 1.5 lift at least, I have that same tire size in the all terrain ta and that's how much lift I have.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OmarKJ

Reaction score
I would say it has a 1.5 lift at least, I have that same tire size in the all terrain ta and that's how much lift I have.

I was thinking about buying the rough country 3 inch suspension kit but I have read a lot of complaints about it. Do you know about any good trusted lift kits out there?

Samsolo49

Reaction score
I was thinking about buying the rough country 3 inch suspension kit but I have read a lot of complaints about it. Do you know about any good trusted lift kits out there?
I have the old man emu 1.5", it rides awesome. They are pretty expensive, but a lot of people on here love jeepin by Al, they make some apparently good kits and are kind of proud of them.lol check out the website jeepinbyal

Samsolo49

Reaction score
I have the old man emu 1.5", it rides awesome. They are pretty expensive, but a lot of people on here love jeepin by Al, they make some apparently good kits and are kind of proud of them.lol check out the website jeepinbyal

And yes I've read bad things about the rough country lift too. I just try and stay away from spacer lifts

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You have a spacer lift, you can see the spacers in the pic of it on the rack.

Tons of threads on here about lifts, take an hour and just read though. You'll be off to enjoying your Jeep so much more. That ride has to be pretty rough.

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Measure from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender flares. Factory is 19 inches. If more your lifted. If less your sagging and no lift.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You have a small lift, more than likely with springs that are sagged and too large of a tire for that amount of lift. Well of course could install a large amount of bumpstop but
You need a complete new suspension , no junk spacers etc
New springs and shocks front and rear

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

What springs did you get ? Only OME with 1.5 inches is the 926 front and 947 rear, i are those what you ended up with ?

Samsolo49

Reaction score
What springs did you get ? Only OME with 1.5 inches is the 926 front and 947 rear, i are those what you ended up with ?
It's the heavy duty springs in the front and the medium duty springs in the rear. I don't remember what number they were. Rides awesome though

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It's the heavy duty springs in the front and the medium duty springs in the rear. I don't remember what number they were. Rides awesome though

IF HDs they are 927s which should have given you 2.5 inches of lift NOT 1.5 inches At least the 50 plus I've installed have always given that much.
Why did you go with 947s in the rear ?
Just curious is all

Samsolo49

Reaction score
They had standard rate springs but got the ones rated heavy duty front medium duty in the rear. The struts were a pain in the ass, I had to make a fixture so I could put them in a shop press because the thick coils and not much space between them for the normal spring compressor. Rear was a lot easier.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They had standard rate springs but got the ones rated heavy duty front medium duty in the rear. The struts were a pain in the ass, I had to make a fixture so I could put them in a shop press because the thick coils and not much space between them for the normal spring compressor. Rear was a lot easier.

Yes realize how they are to compress the "coilovers" , have done 54 KJ lifts not including my own ( 04 was torn down several times testing various combinations , 03 only one time )

Samsolo49

Reaction score
Yes realize how they are to compress the "coilovers" , have done 54 KJ lifts not including my own ( 04 was torn down several times testing various combinations , 03 only one time )
Well I ordered and had to wait for the heavy duty front springs and after it was done I'm figuring just under 2", and I got the medium duty springs for the rear so I could mount a rooftop tent and still be able to tow something if needed

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Whats the measurements ( middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare in front )
You should be at 21.5 inches with those springs

OmarKJ

Reaction score
You have a spacer lift, you can see the spacers in the pic of it on the rack.

Tons of threads on here about lifts, take an hour and just read though. You'll be off to enjoying your Jeep so much more. That ride has to be pretty rough.

And yes I've read bad things about the rough country lift too. I just try and stay away from spacer lifts

As much as I love my jeep I can't afford an expensive lift kit right now, so do you guys think I'd be better off with the rough country lift kit rather than the spacer lift kit I have on my jeep?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
As much as I love my jeep I can't afford an expensive lift kit right now, so do you guys think I'd be better off with the rough country lift kit rather than the spacer lift kit I have on my jeep?

OMG, rough country is the worst , it is a spacer lift, not really a lift at all
Only true lift is a full spring replacement with new shocks . Anything else is a pure waste of money.
Now you may think I'm mean, nasty, an a**hole, whatever , But after 40 plus years of suspension work, lifting many over the years and 13 years lifting KJs, I've seen what spacer lifts do

Latest posts

Members online