More misc lift install questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. So I've been told that I need to "press" the bushing kit parts to the Bilstein shock using some speciality tool.. correct? can be done manually? any instructions on that?

2. By community member dude1116 recommendation I purchased the the following parts (mopar PNs)
52088707AA x4 (sprint isolators)
52128532AA x1 (left shock mount)
52128533AA x1 (right shock mount)
and ofcourse the OME springs and Bilstein shocks.
Are there other parts missing in this list for me to be able to "recreate" a brand new coilover WITHOUT taking anything apart from the vehicle? (trying to save a headache)

3. If I choose to go self-installation path how much the coilover assembly/compressing should cost and where should I look for it? Any suspension shop?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
1. So I've been told that I need to "press" the bushing kit parts to the Bilstein shock using some speciality tool.. correct? can be done manually? any instructions on that?

2. By community member dude1116 recommendation I purchased the the following parts (mopar PNs)
52088707AA x4 (sprint isolators)
52128532AA x1 (left shock mount)
52128533AA x1 (right shock mount)
and ofcourse the OME springs and Bilstein shocks.
Are there other parts missing in this list for me to be able to "recreate" a brand new coilover WITHOUT taking anything apart from the vehicle? (trying to save a headache)

3. If I choose to go self-installation path how much the coilover assembly/compressing should cost and where should I look for it? Any suspension shop?

Prices vary for compressing the springs by area , varies greatly really.
BUT while you can try to do it by yourself I highly advice you not try.
To assemble you need the top monts and the iso's which I see that you have
Anywhere that does suspension work should be able to do it for you, need a very good compressor though

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm good to go with the parts I have?
Also any idea about the bilstein bushing kit prep?

Prices vary for compressing the springs by area , varies greatly really.
BUT while you can try to do it by yourself I highly advice you not try.
To assemble you need the top monts and the iso's which I see that you have
Anywhere that does suspension work should be able to do it for you, need a very good compressor though

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simply shove it in by hand? All-J said it requires speciality pressing tools and half hour work... so hard to navigate all the misinformation..

Its just a sleeve that slides in the original bushing in the Bilstein

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Simply shove it in by hand? All-J said it requires speciality pressing tools and half hour work... so hard to navigate all the misinformation..

Well I've installed a few
and you press them in by hand
not hard navigating .....

MB4wd

Reaction score
I am in the process of putting the parts together for a lift myself. I too am assembling complete strut/coilover things to make the swap easier. I was fortunate enough to be able to utilize a large hydraulic press at work to compress and assemble my springs. I made sure that everything was solid and I went slow when I pressed them. Maybe I got lucky, maybe my guardian angel was working overtime, but it went well. Just another option to mull over. It worked for me, but I'm not advocating you try it on a harbor freight press either.

Matt

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am in the process of putting the parts together for a lift myself. I too am assembling complete strut/coilover things to make the swap easier. I was fortunate enough to be able to utilize a large hydraulic press at work to compress and assemble my springs. I made sure that everything was solid and I went slow when I pressed them. Maybe I got lucky, maybe my guardian angel was working overtime, but it went well. Just another option to mull over. It worked for me, but I'm not advocating you try it on a harbor freight press either.

Matt

Yes if you have ever seen a 400 lb spring come loose smack someone in the side of the head and continue another 30 foot until it hit a cement block wall and take a chunk out, you wouldn't try anything but a spring compressor .

MB4wd

Reaction score
I did factor in the exact scenario you described, and utilized guards and proper body positioning. Was it the best way to do it? No, but it was successful.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.