KK clevis in a KJ question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will any year KK clevis fit a KJ?
Who has done this?
I want the front higher. Currently at 21.5, 927's, 1/4" top plate.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Will any year KK clevis fit a KJ?
Who has done this?
I want the front higher. Currently at 21.5, 927's, 1/4" top plate.

Any year KK will work, but have you priced them, even in junkyard ?
I have looked at them but never thought it was worth it in the long run I'd much rather do a 3/8 inch clevis
What front springs do you have ? Without the top plate you would be at 21.5 with 927s , with top plate you would be at 3 inches

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any year KK will work, but have you priced them, even in junkyard ?
I have looked at them but never thought it was worth it in the long run I'd much rather do a 3/8 inch clevis
What front springs do you have ? Without the top plate you would be at 21.5 with 927s , with top plate you would be at 3 inches

I have 927's/Bilstein and a 1/4 inch top plate sitting at 21.5. Installed it last weekend. I would love to be at 22 in the front.

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If all you want is another 1/2”, then do a clevis lift. Just loosen the pinch bolt, pull the shock out 1/4”, retighten bolt. It’ll give you the 1/2”.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If all you want is another 1/2”, then do a clevis lift. Just loosen the pinch bolt, pull the shock out 1/4”, retighten bolt. It’ll give you the 1/2”.

I just like the idea of a longer clevis. I think I can get a set pertty cheap from local junkyard. Bought some wheels, coil spring assemblies, belt tensioner and other small parts and they always give me really good prices.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I just like the idea of a longer clevis. I think I can get a set pertty cheap from local junkyard. Bought some wheels, coil spring assemblies, belt tensioner and other small parts and they always give me really good prices.

Clevis lift= free
KK clevis some have paid 40-50 bucks, but unless they are free , well .........

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 02 coil spring assemblies with clevis for $60.

Last edited:

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, the coil spring assemblies were for our 02.
So I take it you don't like the kk clevis idea?

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the KK clevis forks. About 1/2" longer. I had to buy the whole strut tho. Wreckers around here sell them as an assembly.

I forget what year I asked for exactly. I just picked a 2008+ year and let www.car-part.com tell me who had them locally. Some are alleged to be stamped steel (have seen pics). Mine, and the handful of KKs I've looked under were cast just like the KJ. Maybe a Canada thing?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I installed the KK clevis forks. About 1/2" longer. I had to buy the whole strut tho. Wreckers around here sell them as an assembly.

I forget what year I asked for exactly. I just picked a 2008+ year and let Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market tell me who had them locally. Some are alleged to be stamped steel (have seen pics). Mine, and the handful of KKs I've looked under were cast just like the KJ. Maybe a Canada thing?

First year of the KKs were cast like ours, then they went to stamped , remember first time I saw them in the Jeep plant in Toledo and thought how cheap they looked LOL

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I forget what year I asked for exactly. I just picked a 2008+ year and let Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market tell me who had them locally. Some are alleged to be stamped steel (have seen pics). Mine, and the handful of KKs I've looked under were cast just like the KJ. Maybe a Canada thing?

1/2'' longer would be 1" of lift. That would put our 02 at 22.5". I would like it to be at 22" I think I might try to pick up a set then wait and see if the springs sag to 21" then install them.

Latest posts

Members online