JBA extended swaybar end links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbm92226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just looking on Marlin's website and noticed they now offer extended length sway bar end links. Would there be any benefit to adding these to a lifted liberty? I have new Mopar end links on mine and have had no issues since the lift but was curious if there would be a bonus to the 2 extra inches?

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm I'm wondering the same. I just put new end links on mine and I had to manipulate a bit to get them so that the bolt would thread straight. They still look slightly off now when I look at them.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Soon as I can get a set, I'll be testing them out to see how they do. I've never had an issue with connecting mine or having noise etc but I love upgrades to anything !

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure and give some feedback on them if you get them Tom. If these work really well I'll grab a set.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im super surprised that no one has made their own extended links yet. like in the backyard. .......im surprised that i havnt yet lol

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know on my tj, there was a big difference going from stock links to extended ones. I would think there would be a bigger improvement on the kj, due to the design of the bar

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

rbm92226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my extended sway bar links installed today. Great improvement over the stock links as far as sway bar placement. So far things are nice and quiet :). They are much heavier and thicker then the stock units so we will have to see about longevity. The only issue is that the top of the link is almost touching the rubber portion of the brake line on the drivers side and maybe about 3/4" clearance on the passenger side. I will have to go out with a spotter and flex the front end to see if there are any contact issues.

rbm92226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Hopefully this will post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my extended sway bar links installed today. Great improvement over the stock links as far as sway bar placement. So far things are nice and quiet :). They are much heavier and thicker then the stock units so we will have to see about longevity. The only issue is that the top of the link is almost touching the rubber portion of the brake line on the drivers side and maybe about 3/4" clearance on the passenger side. I will have to go out with a spotter and flex the front end to see if there are any contact issues.

Hmmm, if they're that close when the wheels are straight what happens when the wheels are turned? The brake lines will be closer to the top of the links, right?

Bob

rbm92226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on a solution? I think the links are a great upgrade, but I'm wondering if I either need to lightly bend the rigid part of the brake line away, or look into new braided lines. Any thoughts?

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compression pic don't work. Lightly bend the hard line to give you some clearance. YJ guys bend the hard line to reroute under the frame instead of over it (when going soa). Just be gentle and don't crease it and you'll be fine

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Tag fix0red:

You must be registered for see images attach

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You were missing the end bracket on the closing IMG tag. You needed "[/IMG]" but only had "[/IMG"

Typos are fun in web code. If I mak a few typos here my mening is stil obvius. Make one in a tag and things disappear or get really funky. :icon_lol:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.