JBA adjust a strut Assistance please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pounded th punch weld and I am trying to adjust my jba coilover. I need to gain 3/4" so I need to turn the adjustment ring downward 3/8". What us the technique because what I am doing isn't working. I tried turning the lock but up to free the adjustment ring but the whole threaded cylinder moves. That ain't right is it?

UPDATE: DISREGARD. WD40 to the rescue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you have full weight off of the front suspension when adjusting ? That helps.
Plus at least once a month I spray mine with Kroll just to keep threads clean and the crap off of them. Many do not wash or clean them even, then hard to adjust.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have full weight off of the front suspension when adjusting ? That helps.
Plus at least once a month I spray mine with Kroll just to keep threads clean and the crap off of them. Many do not wash or clean them even, then hard to adjust.
I had the wheel off but the strut was still attached at the bottom. Once the wd40 set in the jam nut moved easily. I need to up my maintenance game. [emoji16]

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually clean/lube those threads every time I change the oil. How you liking the suspension setup thus far?

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually clean/lube those threads every time I change the oil. How you liking the suspension setup thus far?
I love it. Rides noticeably better. Had it for over a year with no complaints. With the new tires- swapped the GY Wrangler S-whatevers and now have Yokohama AT G2015. Rides great (based on the one day I had it)! Too bad work has me traveling and my daughter is tearing it up this week.[emoji2]

crasher

Reaction score
Mine has settled some since the 2.5 inch Silver kit was installed about 20 months ago.
I'm sitting at about 19-3/4 in the front and rear.

I've been meaning to crank a few threads on each corner since May, but it's been too hot in my garage to want to mess with it since summer kicked in.

I've had Michelin Defender LTX M&S 245/70/16's on it since the swap.

Been happy with it so far.

Thanks for the tip about spraying the threads.

Last edited:

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has settled some since the 2.5 inch Silver kit was installed about 20 months ago.
I'm sitting at about 19-3/4 in the front and rear.

I've been meaning to crank a few threads on each corner since May, but it's been too hot in my garage to want to mess with it since summer kicked in.

I've had Michelin Defender LTX M&S 245/70/16's on it since the swap.

Been happy with it so far.

Thanks for the tip about spraying the threads.

You sagged 70% of your lift height in less than 2 years? I'd be bugging.