Help with jba ucas!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmmarion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently installed my JBA UCAS. It doesn’t look right but I have it torqued to spec and the rubber boot doesn’t completely cover the ball joint. Is that normal? Really tough rubber!!

Cmmarion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Im guessing that isn’t normal. I emailed pics to Marlin at JBA. I really would hate to have to take them back off.

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently installed my JBA UCAS. It doesn’t look right but I have it torqued to spec and the rubber boot doesn’t completely cover the ball joint. Is that normal? Really tough rubber!!
Post. Pic of it here.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed mine not long ago, with washer the boot is not exactly 100% flush at the top, grease comes out there when it's full but i figured that's normal?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 4.25" of lift my boot doesn't sit perfectly flush. I just stay on top of regreasing. Especially after playing in the mud/deep water.

Cmmarion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have talked to Marlin at JBA several times. He said it should be flush but like you have said as long as it is kept greased, it will be fine. Promised to anyone that if fails, will obviously replace. Thanks again guys.

Cmmarion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is yours folded over? Also do you have any problems with your grease port hitting your bumpstops since they don’t have a notch cut into them?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think most people notch the bump stop to accommodate the zerk. I don't have greasable anything on my KJ but for my Ranger I just use basic grease cartridges (Walmart) but grease often.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can add a generic polyurethane balljoint boot to help fill the gap. RRO supplies their arms with those. Same Moog balljoint AFAIK.

Latest posts

Members online