Front Parts Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sleepyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read so many lift posts, including the lift faq's, now I am confused...LOL well that is normal it seems, anyway, I ordered my struts and coils springs, ordered the terflex bumps, got a question on iso's for the front, do we order 4 or 2? also to get a bit more lift faq said spacers, I found 1/4" set on jba do we add 1 spacer per side or 2?

So happy to be ordering my parts! Gotta get the front done, tired of looking like a 70's hot wheels racer......

Jim

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read so many lift posts, including the lift faq's, now I am confused...LOL well that is normal it seems, anyway, I ordered my struts and coils springs, ordered the terflex bumps, got a question on iso's for the front, do we order 4 or 2? also to get a bit more lift faq said spacers, I found 1/4" set on jba do we add 1 spacer per side or 2?

So happy to be ordering my parts! Gotta get the front done, tired of looking like a 70's hot wheels racer......

Jim
The isolater pads are for the rear. Order 4 an extra 2 per side for the tops. For a total of 3 on top of the rear spring.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jim
Are you talking top plate or clevis spacer when talking about the .25 inch?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can add extra lift using what we call a top plate that goes on top of the coil over assembly or by using spacers where the coil over assembly goes into the clevis fork at the bottom. You do have upper and lower idolaters in the front, but you don't add extra idolaters to the front for lift.

sleepyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh thanks for clearing it up.....

Is there a place other than jba to buy the top plate spacers and or clevis spacers?

Jim

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahh thanks for clearing it up.....

Is there a place other than jba to buy the top plate spacers and or clevis spacers?

Jim

Buy them from JBA, they fit properly

Just do top plate, that and 927 springs will give you 3 inches of lift

Last edited:

joncan

Reaction score
. You do have upper and lower idolaters in the front, but you don't add extra idolaters to the front for lift.

In other words, you can use the old isolators if you want to when setting up the front, or order new ones if you want to replace them with the springs and struts?

I ordered new mounts and isolators so I can take everything over to a friends shop and set up the struts before I start working on anything underneath.