F150 shocks on KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently picked up a set of 2016 Ford F-150 FX4 rear shocks (PN# GL34-18080-DA). They are practically new, less than 100 miles on them, and I'm wondering if they could be used on my 2007 KJ Limited?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently picked up a set of 2016 Ford F-150 FX4 rear shocks (PN# GL34-18080-DA). They are practically new, less than 100 miles on them, and I'm wondering if they could be used on my 2007 KJ Limited?

LOL
well without knowing what ends are on them, if you are stock height or lifted, what length etc they are who knows.
But I would highly doubt it plus the valving could be way off and have a terrible ride
One of those things no matter how cheap it is, if you can't use it , worthless

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL
well without knowing what ends are on them, if you are stock height or lifted, what length etc they are who knows.
But I would highly doubt it plus the valving could be way off and have a terrible ride
One of those things no matter how cheap it is, if you can't use it , worthless

I wasn't too hopeful they would work lol, just thought I'd check. They were given to me, so it's not like I spent money. I'll just give them to a friend with an F150 and get my Bilstein/OME setup as planned :)

mass-hole

Reaction score
The factory f150 shocks suck hard. I don’t know that they would be damped enough even for a kJ. The rear of the new 2015+ F150 is pretty light since it’s aluminum and probably not much heavier than a kJ. The shocks don’t do a great job controlling the truck unloaded never mind with a trailer or weight in the bed.

I have a 2014 that recently got bilstein 5100’s and it’s absolutely the best thing I’ve done to the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: