CV Boots with Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the JBA 2.5 lift for over a year and no problems; I was running stock tires until September. I put 245.75.16 tires on so instead of 29 inch tires I am running 30.6 inch tires. 1 month after installation the passenger outboard CV boot split. I had it replaced and 1 month later a pin hole developed in the new boot. So a couple of questions for the experts on here:

1) does it make sense that an additional 3/4inch in height would affect the boot so drastically?

2) should I install a better, more flexible boot? If so, which ones are recommended?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tire size would have no impact on the boot or the angle of the cv itself. The cv goes to the center of the hub. Whether you ran a 29" tire, or a 40" tire, there would be no difference in the angle of the cv, provided the suspension height is the same.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Parts wear out
Must have pinched it when you installed new one

Like mentioned above tire size doesn't matter
At only 2.5 inches should not be much difference than stock really

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a boot split on me 2 weeks after installing. It was full of air when installed, I thought it might just equalize after a short time, which I guess it did by splitting on the seem. I let the air or of the replacement.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a boot split on me 2 weeks after installing. It was full of air when installed, I thought it might just equalize after a short time, which I guess it did by splitting on the seem. I let the air or of the replacement.

I've had that happen too. Live and learn...

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everybody, that is actually the answer I was hoping for.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk