Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) > Lift Kit Discussion

Lift Kit Discussion

Brake line relocation bracket

This is a discussion on Brake line relocation bracket within the Lift Kit Discussion forums, part of the Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) category!
This is mainly for 06 and 07 KJ's, but it works for any KJ. THIS IS A MUST FOR ANY ...

Discuss all the different types of lifts and which is right for you.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Gold Supporter/Admin

Default Brake line relocation bracket

This is mainly for 06 and 07 KJ's, but it works for any KJ.
THIS IS A MUST FOR ANY LIFTED KJ WITH ABS!!!!
HOW TO

96 XJ Country
It's better to have a winch and need it than to not have a winch and not need it

Last edited by HoosierJeeper; 07-19-2010 at 10:16 AM.
HoosierJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Silver Supporter

Send a message via AIM to JeepINgeek Send a message via MSN to JeepINgeek Send a message via Yahoo to JeepINgeek Send a message via Skype™ to JeepINgeek

for what its worth i got my steel bracket from Menards in thier hardware section. They have an entire display of sheet steel, angle iron and rod steel.

I thought about going with tube steel but decided to stick with the OPs reccomendation.

For a liek 3' length i spend approx $8

not bad for simplicity.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

great How to, for the rear brakeline relocation brackets, for 06 & 07 KJ's, I just made the same brackets myself, for my 07, the only thing i did different was when I folded the ends over, I welded them as well. Other than that they work perfectly, and are easy to make as well.
richar43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Silver Supporter

Send a message via AIM to JeepINgeek Send a message via MSN to JeepINgeek Send a message via Yahoo to JeepINgeek Send a message via Skype™ to JeepINgeek

what size bolts did you use? id like to have mine with me ( since ill be at someone elses house)
Old 06-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

I used two 1/4 20 bolts 3/4 inch in length, worked perfectly, also remove the lines from the plastic holding bracket that is next to the area where it goes upward, as you are doing the rear end lift, just let them hang with slack, then after they are on the new ext. mounts, just gently flex the lines back into the plastic support brackets, no real bending of the lines were needed, which this was a main concern of mine as well, and I finished my lift a few hours ago. to bad the wife has the jeep right now, or I would be out enjoying it......lol
Old 06-27-2010, 08:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Silver Supporter

I made mine today.. the box one measures 3.5" i thought about welding it but figured that if it takes a hit hard enough to warp it while bolted down, that the brake lines are going to get trashed too.

i just cut the other one to be about i think 4.5" maybe 5...

wasnt much of a writeup on that one..
Old 06-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

I agree, they were very easy to make, and work perfectly also. Glad it was easy for you, looking forward to see picks when it is complete, by the way are you doing the wesway lift?, i can't remember?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Silver Supporter

OME/Rancho with 1 rear iso and boiler shims
Old 06-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

I wanted to do the OME/Rancho setup w/ shims and the isolators, but the factory struts and rear shocks only have 24k on them, so when they are about shot, then I will replace them......
Old 06-27-2010, 10:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Just to clarify this mods only works for KJ's,the 2nd extension is need for the '06 and '07 KJ's due to having 4 channel ABS where as the '02-'05 KJ links the rear brakes with one brake line.

This will not work on KK's as the use a completely different setup then what a KJ does(no matter the year of KJ).
tjkj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote