Brake line relocation bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is mainly for 06 and 07 KJ's, but it works for any KJ.
THIS IS A MUST FOR ANY LIFTED KJ WITH ABS!!!!
HOW TO

Last edited:

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
for what its worth i got my steel bracket from Menards in thier hardware section. They have an entire display of sheet steel, angle iron and rod steel.

I thought about going with tube steel but decided to stick with the OPs reccomendation.

For a liek 3' length i spend approx $8

not bad for simplicity.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great How to, for the rear brakeline relocation brackets, for 06 & 07 KJ's, I just made the same brackets myself, for my 07, the only thing i did different was when I folded the ends over, I welded them as well. Other than that they work perfectly, and are easy to make as well.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used two 1/4 20 bolts 3/4 inch in length, worked perfectly, also remove the lines from the plastic holding bracket that is next to the area where it goes upward, as you are doing the rear end lift, just let them hang with slack, then after they are on the new ext. mounts, just gently flex the lines back into the plastic support brackets, no real bending of the lines were needed, which this was a main concern of mine as well, and I finished my lift a few hours ago. to bad the wife has the jeep right now, or I would be out enjoying it......lol

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I made mine today.. the box one measures 3.5" i thought about welding it but figured that if it takes a hit hard enough to warp it while bolted down, that the brake lines are going to get trashed too.

i just cut the other one to be about i think 4.5" maybe 5...

wasnt much of a writeup on that one..

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, they were very easy to make, and work perfectly also. Glad it was easy for you, looking forward to see picks when it is complete, by the way are you doing the wesway lift?, i can't remember?

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to do the OME/Rancho setup w/ shims and the isolators, but the factory struts and rear shocks only have 24k on them, so when they are about shot, then I will replace them......

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify this mods only works for KJ's,the 2nd extension is need for the '06 and '07 KJ's due to having 4 channel ABS where as the '02-'05 KJ links the rear brakes with one brake line.

This will not work on KK's as the use a completely different setup then what a KJ does(no matter the year of KJ).

eemain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either I am not seeing the pics from LOST or they no longer exist.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't use IE, use any other browser. There are lots of posts on Lost about this.

altoid

Reaction score
Plenty of brake line?

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but after doing the OME lift on my 07, it looks as if there is plenty of slack in the brake line from the last manifold to the caliper. Is there a reason aside from slack in the brake line that requires this mod ? What am I missing?

Or is there not as much slack as I think?

Appreciate the help.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing before I did my lift but trust me you will need it on that driver's side rear. It isn't hard to put on there either.

Latest posts

Members online