Bilstein Shocks w/ OME Coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlicata

Reaction score
So after looking closely at my suspension on my 04' KJ, I noticed that it is a spacer lift, not a true suspension lift. In order to remedy that I want to do OME coils with Bilstein shocks and struts but also retain my 3" lift.

First, are the OME coils that say 1.5" lift actually 1.5", or are they more but say less to be compatible with the law?

Second, what Bilstein shocks and struts do I need to buy to be compatible? And are there are any other parts I may need?

I would prefer to do this on the cheap, although there may be no way to, but let me know if there's somewhere to buy parts more inexpensively, thanks.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after looking closely at my suspension on my 04' KJ, I noticed that it is a spacer lift, not a true suspension lift. In order to remedy that I want to do OME coils with Bilstein shocks and struts but also retain my 3" lift.

First, are the OME coils that say 1.5" lift actually 1.5", or are they more but say less to be compatible with the law?

Second, what Bilstein shocks and struts do I need to buy to be compatible? And are there are any other parts I may need?

I would prefer to do this on the cheap, although there may be no way to, but let me know if there's somewhere to buy parts more inexpensively, thanks.

1. OME 1.5" lifting coils actually lift the vehicle by 2.5".
2. Part numbers for compatible shocks are listed in the FAQ already linked.
3. Do it right, or not at all, there is no cheap. To do it properly and with high quality, a 3" KJ lift is a $1000 project if you do the work yourself, and depending on how much an alignment will cost you and assembly of the new coil-over fronts.

For 3" lift with the OME kit, you're going to need strut top plates for the front. Level it off with clevis adjustments.

Members online

No members online now.