another Lean on Passenger side with Lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkKJ Cherokee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi
Jeep Cherokee KJ 2005 3.7L
Realize this has been talked about a lot, just trying to get my head around it so i get get this resolved. Not many suspension places here in Brisbane deal with jeeps. I have a 2.5" lift front end leans passenger side (Jeep right hand drive) aprox 12MM very noticeable on a slight incline. Is it the front that I need to adjust with a clevis spacer on passenger strut or do I need adjustment on the rear passenger shock?
I had ironman struts installed and they added their spacers to bring the height up front to match the rear just now need to level it.
Thanks for your time

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
Jeep Cherokee KJ 2005 3.7L
Realize this has been talked about a lot, just trying to get my head around it so i get get this resolved. Not many suspension places here in Brisbane deal with jeeps. I have a 2.5" lift front end leans passenger side (Jeep right hand drive) aprox 12MM very noticeable on a slight incline. Is it the front that I need to adjust with a clevis spacer on passenger strut or do I need adjustment on the rear passenger shock?
I had ironman struts installed and they added their spacers to bring the height up front to match the rear just now need to level it.
Thanks for your time

How much difference is there ?
However much there is , divide in half and install that much clevis lift on the left front . Drive for a while then recheck, may have to add a bit to the left rear as well. Some do, some don't

MarkKJ Cherokee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks TOM

12MM Difference at front
That would make it about 6MM strut spacer which I believe I can get from JBA Offroad .250" Clevis Spacer which is 6.35MM making it 12.7MM. So is this a simple install for a suspension shop Tom?
Also what is used for the rear if I need to increase is it a spring isolator or is there a specific spacer for the rear.
Like I said here its hard to get answers from Suspension shops wen it comes to the Cherokee if I had a wrangler different story
Thanks for your time

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks TOM

12MM Difference at front
That would make it about 6MM strut spacer which I believe I can get from JBA Offroad .250" Clevis Spacer which is 6.35MM making it 12.7MM. So is this a simple install for a suspension shop Tom?
Also what is used for the rear if I need to increase is it a spring isolator or is there a specific spacer for the rear.
Like I said here its hard to get answers from Suspension shops wen it comes to the Cherokee if I had a wrangler different story
Thanks for your time

You could always just pry it up a little bit instead of tearing everything apart, tighten good and done. for the rear, depends on how much you need after you do the front.

MarkKJ Cherokee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom

Just an update I raised the front 5mm and refitted and installed the JBA arms with new upper ball joints and bushes now the front sits perfect and got an alignment done.
Rear end is still 12mm lower 1 side which in US is 0.472441 inches. What is the process for raising rear 1 side I hear about a lower ISO not sure what that is or where to purchase from US.
Thanks
Mark

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
tom

just an update i raised the front 5mm and refitted and installed the jba arms with new upper ball joints and bushes now the front sits perfect and got an alignment done.
Rear end is still 12mm lower 1 side which in us is 0.472441 inches. What is the process for raising rear 1 side i hear about a lower iso not sure what that is or where to purchase from us.
Thanks
mark

use an upper iso , one should about do it

Latest posts

Members online