HOW TO: Safely Remove Door Panels [Speaker Installation]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any guides or diagrams to show how to safely remove door panels on a 2005 Liberty (even what tools I'd need, if possible)?

Intention: replace the stock speakers

Jc03Kj

Reaction score
The walk through

Bennett good find i had just taken photos to help out everyone too.
My infinity's are blown an was replacing them so i shot it.
the front's are 2-Ohm so if you will need to replace the deck an speakers at the same time.
that is y the fronts sound louder than the rears the amps are realy not that great an you would be better off not reusing them.
if you just replace the speakers the volume wont be there it will sound better but the sound is just like in the rear now only 22watts.
they are 3 screw mounting so look for multi install or you will need to drill new holes for most aftermarket speak's

Best thing to do is new deck run to an amp feeding sep's up front and 2way/3way in rears.

You must be registered for see images

armrest screw

handle screw

plastic-pop rivets bout 10

door pull

door lock connector

side mirror connector and door lock arm just push till it unhinges then pull down

3 screws

lift up if you have infinity package cuz of amps

slid connetor lock back then push tab and pull off

nice shot of blown factory paper cone's an foam surround

plus vehicle is black an it's a lil-hot down here in the south
basicly heat rot.

Later for now ..
Ohh i didn't tell you i replace all of them with fosgate goodies P163C in front and reused the factory tweets and a set of them in the rear too.
just ran deck power for now out of the kenwood mp825-mask, yes they are 7" and they will fit.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great write up with the pictures Jc03Kj.
Also, thanks bennett for the scan, I think these will be handy if I get crappy sound even with new HU, and decide to get new speakers to accomodate the new receiver.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to pry off the rear panel, clips around top and towards the hinge came off quickly but other side and the lower ones were very very hard, so i let them be. I pushed them all back in and came back home. 8-[ I didn't want to break something.

feetwet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you keep the stock tweeters hooked up?

I'm planning to install 4 blaupunkt 2-way speakers and a new head unit in a few days.. but I didn't get new tweeters since the guys at crutchfield said I would have to disassmble the dash and fabricate mounts for the tweets..

Anyway... should I leave the stock tweets hooked up when I put in the new system? Or just disconnect them?

ramon

Reaction score
Need door speaker

I see you guys replaced the original speakers. I just blew one up. Passanger door.

Care to sell one to me? if you still have it
Or where can I get it?
Thanks.

AMPlibby06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '06 liberty limited with the infinity "premium" sound, and I'm wondering if each speaker has an amp, or if there's one main amp that powers all of the speakers. I want to replace the speakers, and I'd like to use the amp in my aftermarket head-unit. If I bypass the amp(s?), will the tweeters still get power/signal?

Latest posts

Members online