Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) > How To

Register to remove these ads.

How To

HOW TO: Remove Your Stock Radio.

This is a discussion on HOW TO: Remove Your Stock Radio. within the How To forums, part of the Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! How to remove the factory radio. Bennett...

In this section it explains how to do installations and modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2004, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Bennett
Default HOW TO: Remove Your Stock Radio.

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
How to remove the factory radio.

Bennett
Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default 2003 & 2005 Liberty's

We have 2 Jeep Libertys, a 2003 and a 2005. My problem is that I am not sure how to get behind the radio to hook up a Starmate Sirius receiver FM Modulator cable, so it is directly connected. I got the receivers in the back windows on the passenger sides and have had them there about a month, and use the power adapter there it works great like that, but due to the fact that it fades out, I bought 2 FM Cables to directly hook them into the radio, but need to hook them through the antenna plug behind the radio. Do these models with a cavity in the bottom and no ash tray, have the same trim panel removal as the one shown? I want to make sure I remove them without breaking them. Thanks, Jim
bearxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Get a flashlight and look inside the cavities to see if there is a screw... I don't have a liberty with a cavity, so I am not sure. I am guessing there will be one screw most likely. But for the most part it just pops out.

Bennett
Old 07-25-2005, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Screw

Found the screw on my 2005, gonna have to check the 2003 when it gets home, thanks again
bearxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 04:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Got a question. Our '02 Ltd has a tape player, larger numbers and it scrolls info (song, station, etc.). The '05 Renegade has a cd player, no tape player, doesn't scroll info and smaller numbers. Is it possible to do a swap. My wife would like the radio that's in the '02 in the '05.
dnm45227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 08:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Originally Posted by dnm45227
Got a question. Our '02 Ltd has a tape player, larger numbers and it scrolls info (song, station, etc.). The '05 Renegade has a cd player, no tape player, doesn't scroll info and smaller numbers. Is it possible to do a swap. My wife would like the radio that's in the '02 in the '05.
Yup, the harness's should be the same. So it should just be a plug and play type thing.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

My tip: to remove the trim around the radio, I found that a plastic spatula from the kichen worked great. Simply slip it into the gap on the passenger side, gently pry the clips loose, repeat at top, and then driver's side.

Oh, and to remove the radio, undo and remove the Phillips head screws, NOT the torx.

\/
jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default THANKS!

I haven't yanked a stock radio out of a dash since 1989- thanks for the how-to. I am on the road a lot and was getting tired of swapping CDs with the old radio. Put a new CD/MP3 player in and it was a breeze. Now I can drive to Erie and back (5 hour trip) listening to the same CD! Thanks, love the site. =D>

You've inspired me to add an amp and a sub. (Purely to brush up on my automotive wiring skills of course.)
Old 05-31-2006, 03:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Bennett,

Where did you get that roof rack? I have got to get that! How much was it?

Andy
frascona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
I've have never worked on my car before but this looks kinda easy. what tools do I need? I have a new CD player a friend gave me I think I want to try to put it in myself.

Thanks