HOW TO: How to install Mopar Foglights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
We now have PDF files of the directions that come with fog light installation. As others have noted, these directions are very Ikea-Like, offering a very limited number of words and many pictures.

2002-2004 Version
2005+ Version (smaller, higher-mounted fogs)

Right click, save to your PC. You'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.

Bennett

bisho1

Reaction score
lights on ebay

Hi,
I just bought my wife a 04 liberty. We got the sport. It doesnt have the fog lights. I found some on ebay for $160 plus shipping, and it comes with the switch on the trun signal.

Is this a hard job to do? I have seen other kits for more money with the switch mounted in the dash and i really dont want that.

Please let me know.

Also I am looking for tires. It is stock. I would like to add a little hight to make them look better and fill the wheel wells a bit better. I did check out this site and found the size fitting chart. What would you recomend? I need it to be good in the snow since i live in New England.

Thanks,
Bob

joostin420

Reaction score
there are no word descriptions only pictures huh???

does anyone have a mod that allows the foglights to be on with just my parking lights, and as well as remaining on while having my high beams on?

i am installing the kit this weekend.

thanx,

justin

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. Run the wire that goes to your headlights to your side marker light instead. Remember, tho, it's illegal in many (all?) states to run your fogs w/ high beams.

-Blu

halcyon510

Reaction score
Just installed my Mopar kit last night ('02 sport). To anyone doing this in the future, here are some suggestions:

1) If you want your fog lamps to stay on with brights and marker lights, splice the violet wire on the mopar harness into the Black/Yellow wire on your left front marker/turn signal lamp instead of violet on your headlamp.

2) I wasted hours trying to pull the terminal from the multi-switch harness. Then it was difficult to get both wires into the terminal they provided. I ended up putting the original wire back in the new terminal, and splicing the new wire in behind it. You can imagine how much less time and effort it would take. I definitely suggest ignoring the instructions in frames 28-31, just splice the new wire onto the old one like it suggests for the headlamp.

Those were the two things I did different. Other than the pain in the A multi function switch, it went pretty smooth. I'm excited :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just installed my Mopar kit last night ('02 sport). To anyone doing this in the future, here are some suggestions:

1) If you want your fog lamps to stay on with brights and marker lights, splice the violet wire on the mopar harness into the Black/Yellow wire on your left front marker/turn signal lamp instead of violet on your headlamp.

Does that work on factory fogs? I assume it is same setup? People have been trying for a long time to get it done, and there is a complicated instructions somewhere here. But yours sound pretty straight forward.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does that work on factory fogs? I assume it is same setup? People have been trying for a long time to get it done, and there is a complicated instructions somewhere here. But yours sound pretty straight forward.

No promises, but I'll try to take a look at the wiring diagram & give you an answer.

-Blu

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I got gypped...

I just ordered a Mopar Fog Light kit and I think some parts are wrong/missing... perhaps someone can explain this to me:

I'm definitely missing the 6 T-20 screws that go into the back of the lights, they weren't in the packaging anywhere (I haven't thrown ANYTHING away!) And my wiring harness looks like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

What is that other harness for? And where are the individual connectors for the fog lights themselves? Sorry if these questions seem rather basic, but I feel like I got a ****ed up fog light kit and I'd like to know for sure. :mad:

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FOLLOW UP: It appears I was correct. Some stealership cannibalized my kit and then shipped it to a different Mopar dealer without correcting the error. Got a new kit and I'm putting my fog lights on today :D

Last edited:

GKreamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the OEM Fog Light kit be ordered online? If so, where is a good place?

Nevermind, I saw the pdf with the part number, googled it and found justforjeeps.com and placed the order!

Last edited:

Nursecosmo

Reaction score

Bump.(bump). It would be nice to know which wire to cut and splice for fog+high beam. Pics would be helpful.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of going to the low beams you'd want to go to the parking lights. Pretty sure theres a thread on it somewhere on here... dont have time @ moment to search for ye.

-Blu

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You rock, Tony.

Just remember that doc is for factory installed fogs, if you get the mopar kit to install them after, its different.

-Blu

Nursecosmo

Reaction score
Thanks Tony and Blu, but I already had that PDF. What i am interested in is simply running the foggy feed from the side markers or something similar. I want to compare the two mods and decide which might be easier. I know that the marker light splice would remove the choice to switch the foggys off when the headlights are on, but the under-dash work seems like a lot of work. Another question I had is whether or not the PDF instructions apply to a 2005 CRD. Thanks

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Ok, here's a question.
I'm sitting here looking at my newly aquired Mopar "Factory" fog light kit with the IKEA instructions. Would of been nice if there was a lengend for the wire colours.
Also, where would be the best place on the fire wall to drill lets say a 3/4inch hole so that once I fit a nice pass through rubber grommet, I can also route my other wiring for additional foreward lighting.

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thanks... I had to move my ground wire to a place with more metal in it. I didn't like it when I was doing it but followed the instructions anyway. Then the lights stopped working. I probed with a meter and found 12v on the ground and moved it. The lights work great even with the grill location vs. the bumper location.

GKreamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone done this on an '05? I'm stuck on page 4, pics 12 &13 where you separate the big wire connector. I cannot for the life of me get it disconnected. There is a red "lock" on one side that slides to one side or the other. It was pushed in and I pushed it out (it cannot come completely out) however it makes no difference which position it is in - the connector won't come apart.

Yes, it really has taken me a year to get around to this...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

First pic shows connector with red lock in closed position, this is how I found it. Pic 2 shows it in open position. I tried separating the connector in both with no success. Third pic is the underside where the connector was fastened to the body.

Attachments

• IMG_0046 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0046 (Medium).JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0047 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0047 (Medium).JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0048 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0048 (Medium).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Latest posts