Front sespension/upper arms/ lower arms help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOCK005

Reaction score
I am new to jeep guys. I just got my hands on this baby kj 2006 4x4. I wanted to know if changing the lower and upper arms could be a one man job and do you need to have any experience on cars to do so? I want to do it but I'm a little Hesitant to do so.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

righopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am new to jeep guys. I just got my hands on this baby kj 2006 4x4. I wanted to know if changing the lower and upper arms could be a one man job and do you need to have any experience on cars to do so? I want to do it but I'm a little Hesitant to do so.
You must be registered for see images

One man can, with the right technique and a few of the right tools. Look up guides in the "How To" forum.

I received my LCAs yesterday and still waiting on UCAs and BJs to arrive. All part of a full suspension overhaul including 2-1/2" JBA Adjusta-Struts - Silver package with rear JBA adjustable shock upgrade.

Many opinions out there on how to, what to change to, and which parts are best. Ready, aim, fire- in that order.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MOCK005

Reaction score
One man can, with the right technique and a few of the right tools. Look up guides in the "How To" forum.

I received my LCAs yesterday and still waiting on UCAs and BJs to arrive. All part of a full suspension overhaul including 2-1/2" JBA Adjusta-Struts - Silver package with rear JBA adjustable shock upgrade.

Many opinions out there on how to, what to change to, and which parts are best. Ready, aim, fire- in that order.

Ok great! Yeah I got just stock LAC, UCA and a rough country 3 1/2 inch lift kit. Going to start today hopefully everything works out.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok great! Yeah I got just stock LAC, UCA and a rough country 3 1/2 inch lift kit. Going to start today hopefully everything works out.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ship that Rough Country lift back , unless you want more issues down the road. JUNK
Mark everything on the LCAs or you may install it so out of whack it will be undriveable

MOCK005

Reaction score
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ship that Rough Country lift back , unless you want more issues down the road. JUNK
Mark everything on the LCAs or you may install it so out of whack it will be undriveable
You got it man. Is that lift that bad[emoji29]

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Damn that ***** I bought them a while ago so I can't return them

Main issue is the KJ springs are weak from the get go, now 50-60,000 miles down the road they are done in and need replaced. If you add a spacer lift to worn springs and shocks, it wears font suspension parts even more
But full write up in the Lift Section if you'd care to read
But if you want a lift, best is full spring lift like OME

MOCK005

Reaction score
Main issue is the KJ springs are weak from the get go, now 50-60,000 miles down the road they are done in and need replaced. If you add a spacer lift to worn springs and shocks, it wears font suspension parts even more
But full write up in the Lift Section if you'd care to read
But if you want a lift, best is full spring lift like OME
Got it Thanks. It's my first jeep and I want it to go for the long haul. I'll probably put it on for now and Definitely look into it

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got it Thanks. It's my first jeep and I want it to go for the long haul. I'll probably put it on for now and Definitely look into it

Waste of time , money and parts
But whatever, it's yours , but over 40 years building 4x4s, 13 years building lots of KJs says waste of time
You'll be back installing new UCAs again when you do

MOCK005

Reaction score
Combine the lift with a very cheap 48 inch LED light bar as a package deal on Fakebook, they'll eat it up like candy
Lol got it guys. I'm new to this so I'll follow your advice. I really want that JBA setup love the red coding they use. It would go rest with my jungle green

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol got it guys. I'm new to this so I'll follow your advice. I really want that JBA setup love the red coding they use. It would go rest with my jungle green

I run the JBA coilovers on all of mine, great handling, great ride, more travel etc
On my 03 I even opted for the rear shocks that are adjustable as well ( compression and rebound ) smooth on or off road , The 04 just has regular shocks out back
BUT OME does great as well, have installed over 50 sets of them on KJs ( 927 front and 948 rear springs ) with either OME or Bilstein shocks. First lift on the 04 after I bought it new was the OME, ran it for 100,000 miles before switching

MOCK005

Reaction score
I run the JBA coilovers on all of mine, great handling, great ride, more travel etc
On my 03 I even opted for the rear shocks that are adjustable as well ( compression and rebound ) smooth on or off road , The 04 just has regular shocks out back
BUT OME does great as well, have installed over 50 sets of them on KJs ( 927 front and 948 rear springs ) with either OME or Bilstein shocks. First lift on the 04 after I bought it new was the OME, ran it for 100,000 miles before switching
Ok I'll check it out thank you once again for the input so excited

righopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Now your talkin'.

Members online

No members online now.