05 mopar remote starter issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tc79

Reaction score
Recently picked up a used 05 limited for my wife, and it had the factory mopar remote start installed, but doesn't work. it starts,stalls,starts,stalls. I managed to download the OEM Install instructions, and from everything I see it is installed correctly, and the issue is "need to relearn "skim/skreem". I've tried several times, with no luck. according to the instructions, i use both keys, and once the second key is "on" the security light will flash, I can not get it to flash, it stays on solid. I'm hoping someone out in the KJ world has installed, or trouble shot one and would help me out. Thanks

PathFinder7

Reaction score
I have this EXACT same issue. I have an 05 Limited with the Mopar remote start. It used to work, but hasn't in a while. I finally got around to troubleshooting and reprogrammed the tach. Now, it starts, then stalls. I tried to re-learn as the manual says, but I cannot get the security light to flash either. Does anyone have any input at all? Thanks, Rob

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mopar Remote Start

I have the same issue. It worked for years but now that the cold weather is coming... It does not work. It starts and stalls, starts stalls, starts, stalls. Weird thing is it worked last night and now today it doesnt work again.

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone told me to check my hood sensor. There is a sensor mounted to the hood that doesn't allow the car to start when hood is open. The reason he told me is because it started ONLY when I was parked facing down a hill. I am going to check it this weekend. I hope he is right but I doubt it. Weird thing is if it is supposed to NOT allow you to remotely start with the hood up why does it even allow it to turn o Ed at ALL? I mean if you got the hood up and your hands in the serpentine belt area and someone hits the start button... It still turns a few times! That is still enough to get seriously hurt.

Alaskaskiff

Reaction score
Had the same problem. It worked then started doing the stall start cycle. Ended up being questionable connections to the computer module for the remote start system. I unplugged and reseated the connectors and it works fine now. The circuit going to the sentry key must have been marginal.

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I will look at that. I started it with the remote yesterday and to my surprise it worked. Then weird things happened. I got in the car and put the keyin and turned it and something was different. I don't know what it was but like the key did not take over like it was supposed to. Maybe I didn't hear a bell or a beep or something. Then I drove and as I was going down the road the car just shut off! So the remote start had no clue I was driving and shut down as usual after 10 minutes or so. It was a good thing I was on a quiet country road but my 8-1/2 month pregnant wife got really scared. All has been normal since. Drove 250 with various starts and stops and had no issues.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.