Using Factory Sirius with Aftermarket Head Unit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthPaw1227

Reaction score
Hi all :)

So I'm looking at a 2006 Renegade w/ the in-dash six disc changer (no nav. unit) and it has Sirius installed.

I will want to change the head-unit to a more powerful one and make it easier to add a subwoofer/amp setup. I want to know that if I buy an Alpine head unit w/ Sirius controls built-in, can I simply plug something into my new head unit so that it uses the factory installed Sirius antennae?

Also, is the six-disc indash changer unit a single-din opening? Or must you have a bracket to make a single-din head unit fit? Thanks, Happy Thanksgiving!

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SouthPaw1227 said:
Also, is the six-disc indash changer unit a single-din opening? Or must you have a bracket to make a single-din head unit fit? Thanks, Happy Thanksgiving!
Cant help with the Sirius, but the six-disc is a Din and a Half. You will need to get an adapter to mount the after market HU.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked Pioneer about making a custom adapter to fit in the factory Sirius to my HU, but Pioneer said that even if I figure out the correct wires, the firmware on your hardware is incompatible. As a result, the buttons on your HU will be incorrectly setup; some may not respond, and your display will show gibberish characters.

To save yourself a lot of trouble, why not just pay an extra hundred or so for an Alpine Sirius add-on? Or if it's the Amp/Sub issue, there's always speaker-level input or those RCA adapters.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.