SKREEM/WCM location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with a Service Manual or personal knowledge know where the Sentry Key REmote Entry Module (SKREEM) / Wireless Control Module (WCM) is located. I know what the little bastard looks like but I can't locate it to save my life. And of course I am 600 miles from the computer that has my service manual on it.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what shows up in the 05 service manual:

Sentry Key Remote Entry Module - The Sentry
Key REmote Entry Module (SKREEM) is sometimes
referred to as the Wireless Control Module
(WCM). The SKREEM is located on the right side of
the steering column near the ignition lock cylinder
housing and an integral molded plastic antenna ring
circles the ignition lock cylinder like a halo. The
SKREEM and its antenna are concealed beneath the
steering column shrouds. (Refer to 8 - ELECTRICAL/
VEHICLE THEFT SECURITY/SENTRY KEY
REMOTE ENTRY MODULE - DESCRIPTION).

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's it. Thanks. No wonder I could not find the thing. I am holding a new one in my hand and going to change it out in the dealer's parking lot since he wants $270 to put it in and program it, but only $40 to program it. An extra 10 minutes of work and they want $230?! hah. Warranty provisions allow for 0.2 hours of labor for the whole thing.

lanthony2020

Reaction score
Will this start with the new one in and before programming the FOBS, or is it dead until Dealership rearms. Dealer told me because I am so remote, that a lock smith can program these now? Any suggestions? I pulled the relay and could get to crank by placing a wire in the two mail pins. Also the neighbor held key to start while I checked for volts and got volts in pin 86, so I replaced relay switch and still nothing???New starter last year because of this???

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I think the $dealer computer gets to skim. And a $tow to get it $there I can see that $locksmiths would be in the loop downstream. $Job creation my poor friends.

the_titan is my hero today.

Latest posts

Members online