RBP to RBU Headunit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of someone swapping in a RBU head unit into a liberty?
I was also wondering if anyone has ever heard of the RBU head unit being a factory option in the liberty? The reason why I want to do this swap is to get a better quality head unit, I know that the RBP is made by Mitsubishi and the RBU is made by Alpine. My current head unit the RBP has problems ejecting CD's and it also has a problem reading some cd's as well, it also has a problem where its gets very hot and overheats,and now the tape player is starting to have problems.

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least you have CD player! Mine came with tape player only! Lol. Why not upgrade to a double din system? Have hands free talking and gps in the same place. Plus a tons of other features. I think that's what I will do in my sons liberty.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RBU is a great headunit and i have had it installed since around the time this thread was started. the big issue with the double din conversion is theft and someone breaking into my jeep and stealing stuff.

Latest posts

Members online