RB1 With Sirius And The iPod Kit - Does It Work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Folks,

I have an RB1 with Sirius and the iPod Integration Kit installed, and I don't get any artist/title info out of Sirius, only I do get that info out of the iPod (when each is selected). All Sirius displays is the station number, not even the station name.

Those of you with Sirius and the iPod unit, do you get full artist/title info on both? If so, do you happen to know what the part numbers of any additional cables you might be running? I've tried the multiplexer with no luck, looks like I need a 12-pin to 12-pin cable and neither the factory or my local dealer know anything about it.

Thanks,

Joe

06LibertySSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe,
You need this...

Sirius Satellite/RB1 Audio Adapter(2003-2007)
[L82208322]

It can be purchased from www.jparts.com for $25.50, its exactly what you are looking for! \:D/

For vehicles with a RB1 Navigation System and CD Changer. With this adapter song title and artist name is shown on screen.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
OK... That cable I have, it's the 10-pin to 8-pin cable that goes between the multiplexer and the RB1, it works in conjunction with the 5066206AA cable that runs from the Sirius reciever to the multiplexer. Using that *does indeed* give me full Sirius artist/track info. But it does not seem to work with the iPod Integration Kit.

Trouble is, when I'm hooked up like that I have no way of hooking up the iPod adapter unit. The only way to hook the iPod up to the multiplexer is to use some sort of 12-pin to 12-pin cable, which nobody seems to know whether or not it actually exists.

Joe

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to follow what you are saying, I have an RB1 with sirius and when I added the mopar ipod kit everything worked the way it was supposed to, everything was in the kit, are you using a mopar ipod kit or an aftermarket hookup, another thought is that you have a defective multiplexers, I have installed a few, one for myself and 3 others and out of the 4 I had 2 defective multiplexer, although the defective did nothing, yours seems to work partially, also is you mopar kit part #82209616AC, if it does not end in AC then it is not RB1 compatible

Bob

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Bob,

Who did your installation? Would you happen to have part numbers for everything that you had installed? I have it narrowed down to one remaining cable - a 12-pin to 12-pin cable, and so far there is not a single dealer in the country that can help me out with a part number.

Are you certain that you can get Sirius artist/title as well as iPod artist/title? Not even Chrysler thinks you can do that!

Below are the various permutations that I've tried so far with no luck. Which version is working for you?

You must be registered for see images

Thanks,

Joe

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my own install, the diagram in the middle is what I have, I am not sure about some of the part numbers you have for wiring harnesses as the harnesses came with their respective kits and yes I can get both sirius and ipod artist and title, One thing comes to mind is that for 06 DC used a different sirius receiver, the ones used for 05 and prior years were having problems and they made a change, not sure how this would affect the display on the RB1.
My Ipod kit part # is 82209616AC
My Sirius Kit part #'s is 82206489
My Sirius receiver part # is 82206488AB
Your Sirius numbers are different from mine which is probably due to the change

Bob

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Bob,

If you are working with everything hooked up as in the middle diagram, then what I can surmise is that the cable that you are using between the Sirius reciever and the iPod adapter is something different than what I've got. I'm thinking the cable between the iPod adapter and the RB1 is OK, since it is carrying the correct data from the iPod and displaying OK.

Right now I have everything rigged like the middle picture also, it's the only way I can get the iPod and Sirius to work at the same time, even thought I don't have the info out of Sirius.

Another possibility is the Sirius reciever is completely different than what I'm running. Is your Sirius reciever OEM or aftermarket?

Joe

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried reading the part number on my ipod adapter to sirius receiver with not much luck it could be xxx96555AC, or 89410200, but i do not see any numbers like the one you have in your diagram 5605202AA

My sirius receiver is oem, the only comment I have is that dc changed the sirius receiver, the original oem receiver and the one i have had intermittent static problems and dc did a tsb and changed the receiver, I never had a problem with mine and did not follow up with the tsb, from your diagram you sirius receiver is # 05064074AC which is the same replacement number in the tsb, my sirius receiver is # 82206488AB, maybe the difference is in the 2 different receivers.

This is what I did, when I bought my 05 lib I installed the RB! that I had in a 2002 Durango, I then went to the dealer and bought the sirius receiver and install kit for vehicles without the rear cd change, installed it and and I had the song, artist info on the RB1, when it became available I bought the ipod kit #82209616AC, and everythong worked as it should, when playing sirius I get song, artist on the radio display, when I play the ipod I get the same.

As previously stated I have encountered 2 defective ipod adapters, but when I say defective I mean completely dead, yours seems to work except for the display.

Good luck, wish you luck, from everything I see it should work

Keep us posted

Bob

Latest posts

Members online