OBD plug and play gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do ya'll think of the Edge Insight CTS2? I've been going back and forth on buying the pillar pods to run some extra gauges for trans temp and oil pressure, but lately I've been thinking of just dropping the money on this.

https://edgeproducts.com/products/insight-cts2-84130/

I'm NOT looking for a tuner or something stupid like that, I simply want something that allows me to monitor the vitals of my Lib accurately since I don't exactly trust the dummy gauges on the dash. BTW, it goes for less on Amazon for around $330.

The biggest upside to the Insight vs getting some pod gauges is the amount of vitals you can monitor in a minimalist package. It comes with everything necessary to install as well. To me, it seems well worth the money. The only two others I've seen that are similar are from Jet (Which seems just plain old outdated) and the Bully Dog Watch Dog (Which is similar but with less features).

tigerKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I followed the link and then tried to see if it would work on a Liberty, but Jeep products were not listed. You might have pick a Dodge product with a 3.7L close to your Liberty's age.

I was planning to get a couple extra gauges to monitor oil pressure and transmission oil temp. What I don't like is you still have to run a small tube from the gauge to some place to tap into your oil/trans. That means hot oil through the firewall into the crew compartment :thumbsdown:

With electronics the way they are you should be able to put a sensor directly where you want to monitor and send an electrical signal back to a readout.

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I followed the link and then tried to see if it would work on a Liberty, but Jeep products were not listed. You might have pick a Dodge product with a 3.7L close to your Liberty's age.

I was planning to get a couple extra gauges to monitor oil pressure and transmission oil temp. What I don't like is you still have to run a small tube from the gauge to some place to tap into your oil/trans. That means hot oil through the firewall into the crew compartment :thumbsdown:

With electronics the way they are you should be able to put a sensor directly where you want to monitor and send an electrical signal back to a readout.

From what I've been reading it should work, I'd need to call the manufacturer to be for sure, though. Like I said, it's not a tuner, just a monitor.

IIRC, there was only one manufacturer for pillar pods for the Lib. On top of that you could only add in two gauges. Also the fact that you'd have to route wires, tap into certain things I don't want to, etc. The Insight CTS2 goes beyond that into a simpler package with what seems to be more capability. Route the provided wire to the OBD II, plug it in, mount with the supplied windshield bracket and go. Operates as a code reader also.

tigerKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you find that it works, let us know as I bet several Liberty owners would like to have the extra information available.

I remember when cars had several gauges, including a voltage gauge instead of just an idiot battery light.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you considered the apps? Torque for android or dashcommand for ios? anybody using these? That edge insight does look good though, just pricey! I've been looking to get a gauge app for some time, just never pulled the trigger, always something more in the priority line for me to get, even though the apps are cheap,along with the ELM cable.

Bert

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scanguage II works for me and clears codes
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^yup, I have a scangauge in mine too and it works good.

Dave

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rocking a couple different ones. I use my Samsung S5 Active with Torque Pro and use mirrorlink to display on my avh-x4700bhs double din. Also use my Lenovo x201 laptop/tablet with various different software(including drbiii).

Sent from my G870a on 38's

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
scangauge mounted on the dash, reads 99% of what I need it to
This was in the Kilimanjaro Edition, have one mounted same place in the Low Down 03
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Lovemyliberty

Reaction score
Looking for someone here that has ANY sort of monitor for knock. Does anyone here monitor knock?

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya reminds me of a joke....Knock Knock ..who's there....
Knock Sensor....Knock Sensor who.. ..

Lovemyliberty if you got knocking going on you better tell us....like ASAP! :gr_grin:

HalfTheWorld

Reaction score
Have you considered the apps? Torque for android or dashcommand for ios? anybody using these? That edge insight does look good though, just pricey! I've been looking to get a gauge app for some time, just never pulled the trigger, always something more in the priority line for me to get, even though the apps are cheap,along with the ELM cable.

Bert

I agree with boboborino. Find a decent bluetooth ODB adapter and use Torque. The light version of Torque is ok for basic info and code clearing (with a decent widget style layout) and the full version is about $5 (if you feel you need it)

Lovemyliberty

Reaction score
Ya reminds me of a joke....Knock Knock ..who's there....
Knock Sensor....Knock Sensor who.. ..

Lovemyliberty if you got knocking going on you better tell us....like ASAP! :gr_grin:

This is funny lol. Ok. If I'm asking for a gauge that monitors knock, tell me how I'd already know it's knocking lol. And I don't do bluetooth or 700 dollar cell phones. I need a real, permanently mounted gauge. Something's that's always there and always monitoring. This gauge will mostly be for coolant temps and hopefully long term fuel trim monitoring, but I want to verify every once and a while that she's knock free. That's spark knock for you guys that's never heard of this.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is funny lol. Ok. If I'm asking for a gauge that monitors knock, tell me how I'd already know it's knocking lol. And I don't do bluetooth or 700 dollar cell phones. I need a real, permanently mounted gauge. Something's that's always there and always monitoring. This gauge will mostly be for coolant temps and hopefully long term fuel trim monitoring, but I want to verify every once and a while that she's knock free. That's spark knock for you guys that's never heard of this.

We know what you're referring too it's just not common to hear of a gauge that "monitors" knock. By a snap on verus or autel and mount it in the dash then [emoji1] there's your permanent solution and you can monitor all the knocking and fuel trim you want

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if my old AeroForce ScanGauge (from my SRT-4) would work in the libby. do libby's use the NGC3 computer?

Latest posts

Members online