New or different head lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering what ya'll replace yalls headlights with? Just better bulb or or go after market full replacement light assembly?Wouldn't mind finding a set that had blackish tint to them. Kinda like what came on my new ram from the factory. Wonder if i could adapt wrangler lights in there, there a ton of options for those babys! Probably a dumb idea but I've been known to tinker and just have dumb ideas!lol

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No headlight housing options for KJs, all are 7" and ours are 7.25" or so
I run HIDs in mine, others run LEDs and also Philips
Just depends on what you want to achieve in terms of brighteness, cost, etc

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wondering what ya'll replace yalls headlights with? Just better bulb or or go after market full replacement light assembly?Wouldn't mind finding a set that had blackish tint to them. Kinda like what came on my new ram from the factory. Wonder if i could adapt wrangler lights in there, there a ton of options for those babys! Probably a dumb idea but I've been known to tinker and just have dumb ideas!lol

Phillips Extreme bulbs

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean the lenses so that they are clear, put in Phillips Extreme bulbs and if it's still not great, install a relay harness to send more power to the bulbs.

Any shade of tint on the lenses is cosmetic only and will reduce light output, factory option or not.

Some have installed HID bulbs, but keep in mind, while this "works", it is not legal and can create issues for oncoming traffic. There is no, as of yet, properly made LED bulb replacing 9007 style bulbs; they all are of poor quality or misplaced emitters that do not focus correctly at all.

Last edited:

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There arent many options out there! lol Looks like I'll grab some of those phillips extremes and see how i like them. Brighter is always better. Thanks for the replys guys! Always helpful.

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What i meant on my head lights on my ram from the factory is that they are black inside the the lights. Really nice lights for factory, there is no tinting on them nor will there be any tinting on my vehicles head lights! seems counter productive to me! lol