Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > General Forums > Electronics

Electronics

Led headlights?

This is a discussion on Led headlights? within the Electronics forums, part of the General Forums category!
So my headlights and even high beams suck. Got a random idea to check eBay then amazon and even though ...

GPS, Stereos, Car Computers, CBs, and Gadgets!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2017, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Led headlights?

So my headlights and even high beams suck. Got a random idea to check eBay then amazon and even though our headlights are 7.5" I believe I found 1 on Amazon that has many questions asked and stated that they DO fit the liberty. I wanted to share the below product from Amazon.com with you
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01B2O6YCA

So I decided to scroll down just a bit and found another that has a picture of a liberty and the headlights (not on the liberty though). I honestly don't care if there is a 1/2" gap as long as they work probably 100x better than my own. Hell, they are amazon prime and 100% returnable, I asked the question if there was an adapter or what so well see. Then I came here and searched but just found "No" and "Phillips led bulbs". Has anyone attempted? Minor fab? I really need headlight help. Thank you.

Round LED Headlamp Angel Eyes Amber Turning Signal Light Halo Ring 7 Inch High Low Beam DRL Assembly H4 H13 for Jeep LJ TJ JK Liberty Conversion 6012 6014 6015 H6017 H6024 - 2 Year Warranty Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075GKCM3H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Xm7bAbXY67F4Y

P.s. no I don't NEED halos or anything foo foo, looking for 100% function and if they look pretty cool then I'm good with that.
Neb1373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Why not just use led bulbs? I been using the jdm astar g2's and the astar led for my fogs they are my current combo until I decide I had time to do a retrofit. Cost less then those funky looking ones lol
JBA UCAs
JBA .25" top plates and .25" rings
245-70-16 Cooper AT3s
Aceofspades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well I feel like even my high beams are low, if I aim them up I get flashed, when I have a deer in front of me and slam on my brakes my front dips and my lights go under the deer I'm avoiding. They dont light up anything above the road. My dad has a 2010 Subaru Forrester and the high beams light up the road, trees, deer, and everything! Even my ex girlfriends smart car lit up the road better.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

You could try a better halogen bulb. Use a buffer and some rubbing compound on your lens if they are hazy.
The 2 vehicles you mentioned probably use a halogen or HID projector headlight too
JBA UCAs
245-70-16 Cooper AT3s
Old 11-12-2017, 03:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Supporting Member

I can assure you that ANY newer car will have better headlights, it’s just how I‎t is.. so really no comparison
A projector housing will always outshine and regular reflector halogen housing, but I would highly advise to avoid any Chinese brand headlight
They’re going to be junk and then you’ll be right back to square one, getting HIDs in your halogen housings or the Philips that everyone talks about
I have HIDs and have never gotten flashed, but being lifted I have to angle them down slightly more.. still get plenty of download light, even if I‎t isn’t enough, I have two light bars to light up anything I need
I’ve seen people take the 7” JK ones and put them inside of the KJ housing with success, but again, I don’t know how well it’d work being cheap and I wouldn’t risk I‎t.. also wouldn’t use LEDs in the stock housing as I have never seen good spread or download light with them, but to each their own I guess
Why not just get a better bulb and some off-road lights that you could use responsibly ( I.e not run them during the daytime) and get as much light as you want?
31x10.5 Goodyear Authority's on TM5s, 20% Tint, Super 44
jeeplib05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have tried better bulbs, silverstar ultras, I think zxe, they are brighter but not 100% and being brighter of course they cost twice as much and last 1/2 as long. And I'm sure you probably are right about the Chinese LEDs. But if I found out they fit properly then I may decide to spend a little extra and get something nice. My headlights have just a minor haze on them, nothing I'd even consider to dim the light at all though. My 99 miata (non projectors) lit up better than these do. I think what my plan is right now is to find either a 20" rough country light bar or maybe a pair of their 4x4 led or whatever they are and just wire them into my high beams only so I can at least see.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

And I can't find any Philips LEDs so I may end up trying the JDM Chinese ones eventually. Not like my lighting can get any worse right?
Old 11-12-2017, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Google them. They have fantastic reviews. A cheap eBay Chinese led bulb for $20 will suck.
I'm using the G2. If you can afford it , get the 8th generation
JBA UCAs
245-70-16 Cooper AT3s
Old 11-12-2017, 08:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Neb1373 View Post
And I can't find any Philips LEDs so I may end up trying the JDM Chinese ones eventually. Not like my lighting can get any worse right?
With any mentioned yes they will be worse
look brighter but you don't get the distance
read up on danielsternlighting

another one of those things you do not cheap out on
Kj/toy likes this.
04 Kilimanjaro Edition
4.5 INCH JBA LIFT/ 32s/4.10s/ etc
03 OVERLAND EDITION, Timberline Green Pearlcoat, JBA 2.5 inch Total Control Lift, Kilby gas tank skid, Skid Row, 4XGuard mixture, MOABs, 265-70-16s, 4.10s, Mudds bumper
05 Limited/stock for now
tommudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
With any mentioned yes they will be worse
look brighter but you don't get the distance
read up on danielsternlighting

another one of those things you do not cheap out on
Looking on danielstern and might drop him an email. And I hear ya on brighter but no distance. I ordered some cheap leds for my own fog lights and bright as the sun looking at them, but they literally can't be seen on the trees across my driveway 50ft away.