HELP...EVIC installing question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benji_KJ2003

Reaction score
First of all, the EVIC unit:

You must be registered for see images

My problem:<Br>

wires:

I have nothing shown when I connected all the 4 wires. Now Im frustrated~~ :(
It seems that my PCI bus is not working at all..

This is the voltage change of the PCI socket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUmGYFdi6O4

It seems there really are some kind of signals from the PCI. But the EVIC wont pick it up and show......

Last edited:

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming by Blue you mean the Blue/White wire for Fused Ignition. You'll have to connect this wire somewhere other than the Data Link connector. There are plenty of places to choose from...I chose to run it to a fuse in the driver's side fuse box. Not near the KJ to check which one...anything that only gets power when the ignition is on (i.e. the radio) will do temporarily to make sure your evic is working.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should probably ground it behind the fuse box while you're at it, too, not splicing into the data link ground.

benji_KJ2003

Reaction score
I'm assuming by Blue you mean the Blue/White wire for Fused Ignition. You'll have to connect this wire somewhere other than the Data Link connector. There are plenty of places to choose from...I chose to run it to a fuse in the driver's side fuse box. Not near the KJ to check which one...anything that only gets power when the ignition is on (i.e. the radio) will do temporarily to make sure your evic is working.
Thanks for the prompt response.

I appreciate that if you could take a picture of your blue/white wire..

Thanks man.

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate that if you could take a picture of your blue/white wire
Honestly i'm not sure how much help that would be. This is somebody else's fuse box, but its basically what mine looks like:
You must be registered for see images attach

I used an add a circuit to split the fuse and ran the blue wire from the evic to that. I used the fuse for the radio, #22. I'm pretty sure your '03 will have a different fuse box layout than my '05, so you'll have to check your manual for a fuse that gets power when the ignition is on. Just like the titan suggested, i also did not use the ground from the data bus connector. I ran a ground wire to a bolt somewhere behind one of the kick panels along the floor.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get that part at NAPA as well, and cheaper, for when you want one right away. The larger NAPAs will have them in stock with their fuses, but I have found the crappier looking ones don't have the ATO/ATC fuse size. Mine is powered off the sunroof fuse (#22 in '06) since it is rarely used and when it is, it is just to move it a couple inches horizontally. Not the kind of power drain used by a stereo or vertically lifting large glass side windows.

edit: NAPA part is 782-2226

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
'05 looks just like that. Anyway, I love those add-a-circuit thingies! I have one in there now which powers the relay for my lights..... and another in the garage waiting for a CB Radio.... I should really re-install that one as I miss listening to those crazy truckers. Works well for on the road by yourself, lonely.

benji_KJ2003

Reaction score
Thanks to all your help dood!!! Finally have my EVIC done:

Had the Dynamat done 2:

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
off topic...did you use dynamat anywhere else? Sooner or later i'm going to do some sound deadening, just curious what areas (if any others) you did. My plan was to use damplifier pro on the 4 doors and around the rear wheel wells, but i haven't come across any other pics after market sound deadening on a KJ.

benji_KJ2003

Reaction score
off topic...did you use dynamat anywhere else? Sooner or later i'm going to do some sound deadening, just curious what areas (if any others) you did. My plan was to use damplifier pro on the 4 doors and around the rear wheel wells, but i haven't come across any other pics after market sound deadening on a KJ.

I had the firewall and front floor done. The garage charged me $450 for that. :(

Then I made up my mind to do all the rest by myself... :)

Latest posts

Staff online