Factory pos. & neg. speakers wires reversed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lovemyliberty

Reaction score
Need some help. Replacing the speakers in my 07 liberty and running into conflicting information. All the websites say the striped wire is the negative, the solid wire's the positive, however, when I did the whole "put a battery with leads onto the speaker and watch if it pops in or out and that will tell you which is the positive terminal on the speaker" test the factory had it reversed right into the keyed speaker plug. And honestly, I thought these little crap paper speakers sounded pretty good lol.
Have any of you found your factory speaker's polarity switched?

Lovemyliberty

Reaction score
Also, the factory lead extenders are wired wrong as well; every website says the bigger spade connectors positive and the smaller connector negative. These leads from rockford have the smaller spade on the solid wire... Anyone seen this?

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dark green (front left speaker) is pos, dark green with brown stripe is neg.

Grey (front right speaker) is pos, grey with brown stripe is neg.

As for size of spade, I haven't looked at mine 'cause they work well so I haven't needed to.

Kaden

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on crunchfield.com. They have the all the diagrams and wire color info you need for the stereo system in your jeep!