CD error (RBQ 6 disc changer)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well on our 4th of July road trip, my RBQ 6 disc cd player freaked out and spit out all 6 CDs and now it won't load anything. it starts to take a CD in and then it goes in and out a couple times and says CD error.

You must be registered for see images attach

I took the head unit out of the dash to try to see any obvious problems, but it doesn't seem like anything I can fix. I've blown air into it to try to fix any dust issues, but keep getting the error after reinstall. Any ideas??

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I had that same issue...the changer is busted. I got a new headunit. When I took mine apart, pieces fell out of it.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not miss the weak Oem unit at all, got way better sound & features now....
61964[/ATTACH]"]

Cd-USB-input jack-remote- satellite ready- Bluetooth, with telephone microphone installed.
With way more watts, The Jeep now rumbles & Rocks ! (band2)

Attachments

• VP8Fd3n.jpg
    VP8Fd3n.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 0

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really need to do this swap soon. I have the giant Nav one in my 05. All seems fine including the circa 2005 Nav that I never use, but there is no sound out of the six disc changer in the back. Discs load and move and all the indicators show they are playing just no sound. Really only need a tuner and an aux jack and I'd be good. Don't even require good sound since I mostly listen to talk stuff while driving and I'm half deaf... :rocking:

Latest posts

Members online