Anyone install a sub in the gate or side panels in the rear cargo area...???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxpedalvxx

Reaction score
this might help,
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3220121

i am working on my kj, doing something similar...

2 10" alpine subs with an alpine amp and capasitor... all in the cargo door,

Attachments

• IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0672.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 35

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
There aren't much room on the sides, if you cut the interior you will see Jeep's body right behind it.

xxpedalvxx

Reaction score
i do not want to cut the door and sacrify the structure of the door for space,
i am planning on relocating the tier to remove some weight from door.

I am making the box with a few layers of fiberglass, honeycomb material in the middle and a few other layers of fabriglass on top (Aviation structures like Ailerons, flaps are made this way to add the most strength to weight ratio). never seen anybody do this so i will post some more pics once i make some progress.

this is going to be my final leyaut. i am not so much consert for the space in my trunk, i am making a rack for the inside.

Attachments

• IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0726.jpg
    IMG_0726.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Zelroth

Reaction score
pedal, your box looks awesome. I'm going to do something similar, just need to figure out a good design for a single sub.

Any idea how much extra rattle having it in the door will add vs. having it in a box on the cargo floor?

xxpedalvxx

Reaction score
pedal, your box looks awesome. I'm going to do something similar, just need to figure out a good design for a single sub.

Any idea how much extra rattle having it in the door will add vs. having it in a box on the cargo floor?

It just so happend that monday i asked my self that question, i mounted my subs on a box in d trunk and blast it and i didnt hear any rattle, i was worry about the glass... NOT a problem, it moves but it doesnt rattle at all.

Then i made some brakets and mounted the same box to the actual door and got the same results, all the door is cover in dynomat.