2011 Liberty Satellite Radio Frozen (AM/FM, AUX, CD working)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DizzyKSC

Reaction score
2011 Jeep Liberty. Satellite radio frozen. Unable to change channel, restart, or update. AM/FM, AUX, and CD all work fine. When Satellite is selected, it stays on a frozen channel for a few seconds, then automatically switches over to FM. Pulled out the radio and all connections to radio look good, but didn't see a satellite radio module. The antenna also looks good as AM/FM come in strong.
Thinking it's a bad satellite module, but not sure. Not sure where the satellite radio module is located or how to diagnose the issue. Any help would be most appreciated.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Have you paid your satellite subscription lately? Just kidding..
I have heard of other issues like this on the KK's.
In your owners manual find the radio fuse/location.
Ensure the radio is off, pull the fuse, and wait 5 minutes, replace fuse and see if it re-sets itself.
Give that a try & let us know if this works. Good luck..

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Without access to a KK service manual this is a real tough one.
The dealer could possibly do a scan for stored codes on that system.
Personally if it was my jeep & I was close to a dealer, I would drop by, or even give them a call.
Who knows maybe one of the service guys there has seen this before (listed known issues)
& may or could possibly recommend hard re-set or a quick diagnostic?
Post back what ever you can find out..sorry best I can do without the FSM.

Latest posts

Members online