2 Green Wires....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYSFF

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals, I'm new here so please be nice that I haven't had the chance to search.

I have a 04" Liberty Renegade and I just pulled the Stock Radio to replace it with a JVC. However I'm sitting here "Right Now" with 2 Green Wires and the stereo only calls for one "Green Wire" but I have a Green Wire and a Semi Darker Green "Maybe Tealish in color" that are part of the stock wiring and nothing I can find will tell the two apart. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't the wire harness with the radio match the adapter harness ? The adapater harness should also come with a printout out the +/- speaker wires / colors

NYSFF

Reaction score
I'm old school on hard wired everything. There was a Green Wire and a Purple/Yellow "I think P/Y" Wire left over but everything works fine.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm old school on hard wired everything. There was a Green Wire and a Purple/Yellow "I think P/Y" Wire left over but everything works fine.

So you cut off the plugs on the vehicle side and hardwired the radio in, instead of hard-wiring the adapter/pigtails to the radio and just plugging it in and being done?

If so, man... you did it the hard way. Nothing wrong with that, just not necessary. Hope your crimps were good. Next owner is going to pissed if you take the radio with you though! lol.