2 DIN Chrome/silver bezel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 03 Renegade and my dash panel is Chrome/Silver. I want to get a replacement stereo, but what do I go for? Everything 2din for a liberty is black, and that would clash with all the other bezel panels. Are there liberty radios that don't need a panel?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silver paint :happy175:
Kidding, but I've seen some radios that are silver, but more of a brushed or stainless look at Best Buy

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the main reason I haven't upgraded my Head Unit! I searched all over internet for a 2DIN silver dash panel with no luck...

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the main reason I haven't upgraded my Head Unit! I searched all over internet for a 2DIN silver dash panel with no luck...

Maybe JeepLib05 has a point. If you rattle canned the black 2din replacement panel and the already silver one on around the shifter at the same time with the same can, they would match. And since nothing else is the same silver, it would appear stock if there were no big runs or defects in the paint job.

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe JeepLib05 has a point. If you rattle canned the black 2din replacement panel and the already silver one on around the shifter at the same time with the same can, they would match. And since nothing else is the same silver, it would appear stock if there were no big runs or defects in the paint job.
It has silver on the doors also and steering wheel. I like the finish and it seems strange that there is no such 2DIN dash panel. :emotions34:

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think those are far enough away from the mass of silver in the center that a slight difference wouldn't matter.

I'm considering going to the local pick and pull and seeing if I can snag a shifter cover and trying it with a rattle can. Worse comes to worse, I'm out $10 for supplies. I need and excuse to go there to try to get a flipper pad for the liftgate glass anyway.

Reaper13

Reaction score
I swapped over to a double din and currently in the process of turning all the silver trim peices in my JK to black. Alreadyvrattle canned the shift bezel. Best thing to remember is the prep work.. clean scuff wipe prime.... if that comes out good then spray your color and maybe a coat or 2 of clear. I like using the duplicator paint match car paint.