05' Wiring Diagram Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UNGN

Reaction score
I've put power heated seats into my '05 CRD and I'm working on the Heated Seat portion of the wiring.

The wire colors of my '05 seats are completely different from the '03 Seats in the "How-to" install, so I'm asking for someone with an '05 wiring diagram to verify my diagram:

You must be registered for see images attach

The '05 harness doesn't have an obvious ground wire in the harness and has duplicate Blue/Tan wires.

This circuit is just my best guess of how it hooks up, without having an actual wiring diagram to look at.

The Relay in the diagram is to turn the heat on/off with a keyed circuit, because there is a convenient Power all the time +12 Volt at the Power Seat.

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I uploaded this a while back for someone else, it's a set of wiring diagrams for the '05 seats. I think this is what you are looking for. The server is slooooow, so be patient, you may have to give it a couple of tries before you will even connect.

UNGN

Reaction score
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.

The circuit looks like it just might work. The Heaters appear to use the Power Seat ground for a ground.

The Heaters only need a 15 Amp fuse, so tapping into the 25 Amp motor circuit is overkill. I may eliminate the Relay and find a 15 amp switched circuit to tap into.

I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the install, and please post your results. I've installed power tracks, which came all the switches and wiring for the heated part. If i ever come across the heating element, it would be great to have a guide specifically for the '05.

UNGN

Reaction score
I wired it up last night and the circuit will work as shown.

If you are tapping into the battery Power wire at the Power Seats as shown, you need to use a relay as shown, because the LED's that light up the switches are on when the Pink/Grey wire gets power (even with the seats off), and it will run down the battery eventually (It could take weeks).

I'm going to clean up the diagram (I eliminates a tap splice and the red jumper wire between the Pink/Grey and the Red) and I'll post it in the How-To section.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you do rewrite this, can you make it a little bit more clear/detailed. I have had heated leather seats in for a while and have not hooked in the heater elements yet out of laziness, but will by winter. Not really understanding what you posted so far.

UNGN

Reaction score
When you do rewrite this, can you make it a little bit more clear/detailed. I have had heated leather seats in for a while and have not hooked in the heater elements yet out of laziness, but will by winter. Not really understanding what you posted so far.

Sure.

Basically the wires shown above are the Pigtails that plug into the seats, looking at the back side of each plug.

If you buy seats at a junkyard, they will cut off the wires at the carpeting, leaving the connectors on the seats.

You can unplug the connectors and wire the Driver and Passenger seat pigtails together as shown (with about 2-3 feet of extra wire for each wire) and then apply switched 12 volts to Red and Gray/Red wire of the drivers side pigtail and both seat heaters will work.

Lesman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a pair of 2003 seats for my 2004. Even the power seat pins were changed. In the heated seats harness there is a black and white ground and a pink and yellow that ran between the two plugs and back to the fuse box and another small wire that probably ignition on. Thanks for the write up wouldn't have attempted this without it. Yes the leather seats are comfy.

Lesman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And yes I had to do the bladder OCM transplant as the 2003 didnthe have them.

Latest posts

Members online