will these fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClimbingKid

Reaction score
hello fellows and ladies. just purchased a 05 liberty sport yesterday and am now debating on some new wheels and tires. now what i want are some stock rims from a JK wrangler, they are 17x8. i'm going to lift with a 3" rockfather deluxe package. will these fit without rubbing, or any other potential problems. thanks in advance

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheels will not fit ,wrong bolt pattern
Is there a problem with your OE wheels?
Do not piss your money away on that lift
Best bet is OME springs and shocks
Med or HD springs on a KJ will clear 245/75's on OE wheels
Any thing taller will cause more trouble than it is worth

ClimbingKid

Reaction score
well the rims are the stock ones which aren't really that great to look at. to bad about the bolt pattern, i was just trying to find something that looked a little better and was going to powder coat them black. don't waste money on the lift huh? they use OME springs and shocks for the lift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
With RRO you have to read between the lines
they use front OME springs only
rear shocks and springs are of their own design
Half the the crap they post is pure and simple BS

ClimbingKid

Reaction score
thanks guys, been reading for hours now, but hey we get on forums to help each other anyway or else you would be doing something different. sometimes a direct question saves time on searching these forums. plus to be honest i was originally asking about 17 inch rims from a wrangler. thanks ry n jen! now after reading a bunch i hopefully concluded that the frankenlift will be the one for me. on their site the say rubicon rims fit nicely. i just found five 17 in rubicon rims for 200 dollars, are the bolt patterns really gonna work? ry n jen?

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Our KJ's take a 5x4.5 bolt pattern.

If your trying to get rims of a newer Wrangler JK, they won't fit as they have a 5x5 bolt pattern.

TJ Wrangler wheels will work though.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
and the TJ Wrangler MOAB wheels that fit are all 16 inch
no 17s in them

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
All I was ever interested in was the Moabs... so I assumed they were all the same. I stand corrected.

ClimbingKid

Reaction score
well guys i ended up getting the 17" rubicon wheels because (thanks to ry n jen) spidertrax has an adapter/spacer. the frankenlift II just got ordered with jba uca's. pretty excited fellows! so just a quick question, what size tire with the 17" rim? any favorite brand come to mind as well? 225 or 245? never was good at figuring out tire and rims stuff. thanks in advance guys

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
well guys i ended up getting the 17" rubicon wheels because (thanks to ry n jen) spidertrax has an adapter/spacer. the frankenlift II just got ordered with jba uca's. pretty excited fellows! so just a quick question, what size tire with the 17" rim? any favorite brand come to mind as well? 225 or 245? never was good at figuring out tire and rims stuff. thanks in advance guys

with that lift and wheels you'll probably wanna go with a 245/70/17 thats as big as you can fit with minimal rubbing and without having to regear to 4.10's

I'd go with BFG All Terrains they're pricey but that doesn't seem to be a problem and they'll last a while and look good!

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well what ever blows your hair back
I would have spent the money else where
Here is the wrench in you works
You bought 4 rims? What about a spare?
You will need to have a spare tire with the same od as
the ones on the ground
You will not be able to run your OE wheel as a spare due to the
spacers
Now what I don't know is what would happen if you removed
the rim and spacer then installed the spare
Seems to me that $400 could have gotten some real nice
16" rims and the money saved on tires could have bought
a cover for the unmatched spare

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks
Thats what I was going to say more or less
but like a lot of things people do thought into the future, so I deleted what I posted .
I would never buy wheels that I had to get adapters to make work, well unless the wheels and adapters were FREE!!

ClimbingKid

Reaction score
no worries on the spare, i've been on the lookout and was planning on it already. to be honest with you guys i really dig having good looking stock jeep wheels on my vehicle. the rubicons look really really good. i couldn't find the 16" moab wheels to easily or cheaply around my parts or anywhere really, so hey i settled on the 17"'s. it's not a big worry for me because they do have tires that fit. so man it's blowing my hair waaaay back fellas. i'll post some pics for you all when it's done.