want to fit bigger tires than my 245/75R16

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys - i am running a 2006 V6 auto trans limited -with a jba 3.5 inch econolift+kk forks. I have 4.10 gears.

Currently running 245/75R16 MT's. thing is i want bigger tires. cause...well.... cause i can.

Anyways - the options are 235/85R16 or 265/75 R16 - or just go for 31's - that really aren't that bigger than the ones i got now.

It's needless to say - i dont want serious power loss. at least not serious power loss. How bad are those tire options gonna be as far as power goes?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
hey guys - i am running a 2006 V6 auto trans limited -with a jba 3.5 inch econolift+kk forks. I have 4.10 gears.

Currently running 245/75R16 MT's. thing is i want bigger tires. cause...well.... cause i can.

Anyways - the options are 235/85R16 or 265/75 R16 - or just go for 31's - that really aren't that bigger than the ones i got now.

It's needless to say - i dont want serious power loss. at least not serious power loss. How bad are those tire options gonna be as far as power goes?

Go to JBA coilovers , simple ..................

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 31s and it’s driveable but don’t expect to have anywhere close to the same amount of power as stock
I can still spin the rear tires but getting onto the freeway is a struggle to say the least- mainly because I don’t put the pedal to the floor but it’s needed pretty much from 60 mph+
Turning O/D off is my go-to in town

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to JBA coilovers , simple ..................

Yes tom, i know that buying JBA parts will also cure cancer-but i am quite happy with my current suspension and i can fit bigger tires anyway-what i wanted to know ws - which tire size will not feel like my kj lost a lot of power. i already have 4.10 gears.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes tom, i know that buying JBA parts will also cure cancer-but i am quite happy with my current suspension and i can fit bigger tires anyway-what i wanted to know ws - which tire size will not feel like my kj lost a lot of power. i already have 4.10 gears.

LOL not funny at all NOT trying to help you have a better suspension with larger tires but the heck with it

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

LOL :happy175::happy175:

LOL not funny at all NOT trying to help you have a better suspension with larger tires but the heck with it

The snarky ****** attitude it wearing thing bud... you think that cancer jokes are funny? If so, then I suggest you go play in traffic, or perhaps hang out around that Gaza strip area, that sounds funny too, doesn't it?

... insensitive jerk.

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The snarky ****** attitude it wearing thing bud... you think that cancer jokes are funny? If so, then I suggest you go play in traffic, or perhaps hang out around that Gaza strip area, that sounds funny too, doesn't it?

... insensitive jerk.

1- yes i do. cancer is a close friend of mine. funny thing is that in hebrew "cancer" translates to "lobster". so when my mom passed 2 years ago from cancer, we kind of dealt with it by telling cancer jokes. even near her hospital bed. It was like "god? why did you send us a lobster? we are jews!"- made things easy for us. even when i sat by her hospital bed at 02:35 in the morning when she closed her eyes. finally.

2- yes i do. in 2 weeks i am going to take my wife, mother of my 2 daughers to hospital. cancer of the ******. we will have it removed. ain't that a *****? hot jewish girls don't exactly grow on trees. gal gadot is one of a kind and we made her in a lab. her mom (talking about my wife...not gal gadot. saw her once cause israel is small. my god....) has it too and will not be with us in 2020. in 4 months her breasts (wife...) will also be "removed" - nice way of saying the nice doctors will chop them. so we joke about it cause when my wife cries herself to sleep it's ******* me.

3- yes i do - my daughters carry the same gene. there go the breasts when they will turn 30 ish....

4. yes i do. sun exposure. they had to cut a small piece of crap from my back - and it's friends will come soon. shame abut my back tatoos. i am not going to cry about it. i will however do a lot of offroading - and have a lot of fun and crack jokes and drink beer and not be a prick about it. and yes- i will probably be very unhappy about skin cancer in the future. but i am not gonna act like an A hole anytime someone says "cancer". come see the hole in my back. stick your finger in it - there will be more where that came from.

5.well actually... hung around the gaza strip quite a bit. in...out... did some training with US forces in the area. lots of fun and your troops are amazing people. very different attitude towards training. made some long lasting friendships. I value every american soldier cause we did some stuff together. but that is not cancer related. unless they know about mine....

6. had a test fitting today - 31s are cool and do not rub. 235/85 R16 are kind of too tight.

Last edited:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1- yes i do. cancer is a close friend of mine. funny thing is that in hebrew "cancer" translates to "lobster". so when my mom passed 2 years ago from cancer, we kind of dealt with it by telling cancer jokes. even near her hospital bed.

2- yes i do. in 2 weeks i am going to take my wife, mother of my 2 daughers to hospital. cancer of the ******. we will have it removed. ain't that a *****? her mom has it too and will not be with us in 2020. in 4 months her breasts (wife...) will also be "removed" - nice way of saying the nice doctors will chop them.

3- yes i do - my daughters carry the same gene. there go the breasts when they will turn 30 ish....

4. yes i do. sun exposure. they had to cut a small piece of crap from my back - and it's friends will come soon. shame abut my back tatoos.

so excuse me but cancer is kind of funny - but the righteous attitude aint doing it for me.

5.well actually... hung around the gaza strip quite a bit. in...out... did some training with US forces in the area. lots of fun and your troops are amazing people. made some long lasting friendships.

6. had a test fitting today - 31s are cool and do not rub. 235/85 R16 are kind of too tight.

Given that history with the disease, I am shocked that you have that attitude. I bet that 99% of the world population would disagree that cancer is in any way hilarious.

I am not being righteous by any means, I'm being realistic and detesting your apparent lack of decency and respect. Twice that I've seen you've been a d*ck to Tom with his replies on how to correct some of the issues you presented here; don't ask for help if you are going to presume to know better than anyone else.

Good luck with whatever, I doubt we have anything reasonable to say to one another for the time being.

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tom did not give me relevant answers besides for advice to buy JBA products - one was to spend more money with jba after a jba part failed and the second was to buy jba struts when i asked about tire size. on facebook groups folks usually tell him to quit selling jba stuff and it works. it seems here it's different. anyway- I am sorry if you took things the wrong way and i sure hope you are not suffering from inconvinience caused by the stick up your ass. it might cause cancer.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
tom did not give me relevant answers besides for advice to buy JBA products - one was to spend more money with jba after a jba part failed and the second was to buy jba struts when i asked about tire size. on facebook groups folks usually tell him to quit selling jba stuff and it works. it seems here it's different. anyway- I am sorry if you took things the wrong way and i sure hope you are not suffering from inconvinience caused by the stick up your ass. it might cause cancer.

What happens on Fakebook when I post the best place to buy various parts for Libertys is NOT to stop posting but a ton of PMs asking me various questions on what are best parts etc.
Now on to your remarks to others on here like that last statement about a stick............not being a good representative of a Liberty owner at all. Not the way to cultivate friends !
You asked questions about height, sagging , what size tires to run etc in two posts , we answered.
As far as cancer goes, you may joke about it, fine , but it is nothing I nor 10000s of others do.
So I'm done, wasn't going to answer any more of this BS, but, well I'm never one to keep it to myself.
Good day Sir and have a good life , Goodbye

Last edited:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's a good thing I'm not owner or a moderator of this site or I'd ban you for aggressive and confrontational attitude towards other members. You add nothing to this forum or the KJ community.

As for why Tom recommended the JBA parts to replace the old JBA parts that failed- and as I understand it, the JBA parts that failed were already on your KJ for quite some time and were of an older production - that's because they are regarded by most as the best parts supplier/manufacturer for our vehicle.

Recommending a JBA part that has had the benefit of years of additional research and development, manufacturing improvements, and is generally of a different and superior design to what you had that failed, is NOT done in error. That would be the correct recommendation.

I suggest you sell the KJ and buy a Land Rover, old Toyota, or some Isuzu like it seems everyone else does. You'd probably have better luck getting parts and they wouldn't fail on you.

Clearly there is nothing for you here, as you seem to know more than all of us and refute any suggestions.

Don't expect any more assistance from anyone here.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a good thing I'm not owner or a moderator of this site or I'd ban you for aggressive and confrontational attitude towards other members. You add nothing to this forum or the KJ community.

Ya it's a really good thing! Then you'd have to ban yourself too, you're no better.

:happy175:

Bert

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow is it the weather or what ?

Must be an anti-American sentiment... As I didn't see myself making jokes about deadly diseases and telling trusted members of the community to basically go screw off.

A marked difference in behavior. Must be a special kind of medicinal Marijuana up there in Canada.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be an anti-American sentiment... As I didn't see myself making jokes about deadly diseases and telling trusted members of the community to basically go screw off.

A marked difference in behavior. Must be a special kind of medicinal Marijuana up there in Canada.

Wow, are you ever sensitive! Are you crying?

Bert

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
This has went too far gee **** everyone
having fun is one thing, talking crap is another

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has went too far gee **** everyone
having fun is one thing, talking crap is another

I'm not sure everyone is here for the same reasons, certainly not to make friends or be cordial.

Look at the Facebook group you and I post in... some people on there own a KJ, but share no enthusiasm or appreciation for it and their comments are quite rude and derogatory.

Zero402

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys - i am running a 2006 V6 auto trans limited. I have 4.10 gears.

I run Cooper Discoverer Stt Pro - Lt265x75r16 and she does what I want it to do just fine stock 3.73 gears. But my driving and your driving may be different.

Latest posts

Members online