TPMS issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HatterMT

Reaction score
My tire pressure light is on. The sensors all send the correct pressure to the computer. I had the tire shop check them when I got new tires and they are good but the light is still on. The spare sensor is good as well. I have done the reset with the magnet and I have done the procedure that counts the number of times the sensor pings the computer as you drive. Both seem fine. The shop wants $85 to diagnose the issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The TMPS can be problematic. I am glad my 04 does not have tire pressure monitoring.
The shops do have special scanning equipment w/ programming, even battery check.
I'd pay to have it diagnosed properly, or find a tire shop that may have high end scanner & see what the problem is.

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine would come on all the time...so I removed the cluster and painted over the led for it. Don't see it anymore, so I also removed all the sensors and put in normal stems. I still get the bad/missing sensor on the EVIC, but only for a minute or so, then it goes back to the temperature.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My tire pressure light is on and I don't have tpms on my 2006 Liberty!! :(

For a less woeful answer on my part, my issues started after a theft attempt which resulted in virtually the entire steering column being replaced. How did your problem begin? I have tons of research but no answers, even after three years now of trying. And yes, the lousy light still comes on every ten minutes and flashes for a full sixty seconds.

(Guess that was actually pretty woeful after all. Well, I tried...) :happy175:

Last edited:

HatterMT

Reaction score
What kind of scanner would I need to hook up? I may purchase one, or see if Auto Zone rents them.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Are you sure all the sensors have been trained?

Not sure on the scanner, Walmart will do a free relearn, just hope you get a knowledgeable person that can think beyond the scanner.

Just went through an issue with mine, new rims/tires and got 2 new sensors, they had to relearn them and then it took a few days of driving for the light to go out even after they had been relearned (and you've done the required 10-15 minutes of driving over 15MPH) With some OBDII scanners you can clear TPMS codes or wait for them to reset after x number of on/off cycles (if the issue is fixed). Mine probably took 25ish on/off cycles.

HatterMT

Reaction score
Are you sure all the sensors have been trained?

Not sure on the scanner, Walmart will do a free relearn, just hope you get a knowledgeable person that can think beyond the scanner.

Just went through an issue with mine, new rims/tires and got 2 new sensors, they had to relearn them and then it took a few days of driving for the light to go out even after they had been relearned (and you've done the required 10-15 minutes of driving over 15MPH) With some OBDII scanners you can clear TPMS codes or wait for them to reset after x number of on/off cycles (if the issue is fixed). Mine probably took 25ish on/off cycles.

Thanks for the tip. I've relearned them. They are reporting preasure. I'll make sure I drive it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If that doesn't work, you need to go into the OBD2 and clear out the TPMS faults. It sounds like you've given it adequate time/miles though, so I'd find someone that can do that for you.

HatterMT

Reaction score
If that doesn't work, you need to go into the OBD2 and clear out the TPMS faults. It sounds like you've given it adequate time/miles though, so I'd find someone that can do that for you.

I have an older cheaper OBD2 for pulling codes, I don't know if it'll get the TPMS, it's been in the shop for a while getting new heads so I should give more driving time again since the battery has been disconnected and what not to make sure. It doesn't bother me to much. What did we do before TPMS, manual labor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
At least one person I talked to (who is a f'in genius with vehicles) said disconnecting the battery won't reset TPMS codes.

gables66

Reaction score
2004 Liberty Limited with EVIC. New tpms sensor in spare. Using menu button to move to blank screen, then holding in "reset" brings up display that indicates each time any of the 5 sensors sends a reading. New sensor in spare only sends about every 20 minutes and now left rear is not sending at all even though it was working when put in shop and hasn't been touched. Relearn program aborts at left rear. Anyone know how to awaken the new sensor? It is a Mopar vehicle-specific sensor, made in Ireland. Shop messed with everything with a hand held activator.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.