Tire Calculators/Tire Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Thank you to some of our members for posting these up. Hope anyone of these helps anyone out there with tire sizes.

US and Metric Tire size Information Calculator
Tire Size calculater
1010tires.com tire calculater
Dakota Trucks.net tire size calc

Thanks to :
Skidplate
SRotblat
IdealRides
jeepkj02

for the links

and of course "which size tire will or will not rub" chart

tiresize.jpg

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you rename that to be "tire information" or something similar? I was looking for that tire fit chart and skipped right over it thinking it was just size calculators :p

juey

Reaction score
The tyre charts are great, I do however find when look at tyre sizes that manufacturers specify different diameters for the same sizes

I would like to go 245/75/ 16 on my KJ but am a little concered with rubbing. Am looking for as much diff clearance as I can get. I have a 2 inch lift but talking geometry nothing has changed from standard, all still the same range of motion hence would presume if rubs at standard height will still rub when bottom the suspension through travel.

Does anyone have some specifics on Tyre diameters and width (actual measurements not just the tyre size) that fit without rubbing.

I note quite a few saying they rub slightly with the 245/75/16. With some measurements I can make some calculations hopefully to get the clearance to diff I am after.

cheers

tiovtec

Reaction score
tires!!

Hey Guys,
I´m new to the forum, I just got my Liberty last month!! It´s a 2007 4x4 Sport model, it came with 245/70/16 tires from the factory (I live in Venezuela).. Just wanted to know if you reccomend I get 265/70/16 BF Goodrich ALL-TERRAIN T/A´s or the same tire in 255/70. Im not sure about the rubbing, since i´ve noticed in the US the Liberty comes with 235/70`s and are concerned about rubbing after going larger than 255/70/16.. Do you think it will rub?? I´m new to this forum and with my KJ, all help you guys can give me!!

polomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this and thought it might help somebody to understand better.

You must be registered for see images attach

Section Width
The linear distance between the outside of the sidewalls of an inflated tire without any load.

Section Height
Known as the aspect ratio. A tire size of P215/40R17 will have a section width of 215 millimeters and the section height will be 40 percent of 215 millimeters(the section width). The section height on a P215/40R17 would be 86 millimeters.

Tire Type
Defines the proper use of the tire. P means this is a passenger car tire. If the tire had an LT then the tire would be for a light truck.

Construction
Tells you how the tire was put together. The "R" stands for radial, which means that the body ply cords, which are layers of fabric that make up the body of the tire, run radially across the tire from bead to bead. A "B" indicates the tire is of bias construction, meaning that the body ply cords run diagonally across the tire from bead to bead, with the ply layers alternating in direction to reinforce one another.

Speed Rating
All tires have a rating for a maximum speed. An H rated tire would have a maximum speed of 130mph. Q=99mph, S=112mph, T=118mph, U=124mph, H=130mph, V=149mph, W=168mph, Y=186mph, Z=above 149mph.

tiovtec

Reaction score
tire sizes

Thanks a lot for the help!! I already got 255/70/16 DUNLOP Grandtrek AT2`s, no rubbing on the fenders.. Next week I will hopefully be getting a Skyjacker 2"spacer lift..
Thanks again..

Mako 17

Reaction score
With your 255/ 70/ R16 now on your new ride, did you lose any power and miles per gallon. I am considering going with that size myself. Thanks

toples

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a question for you:
Does a 31" 10,5 will fit on my KJ on a 15 inch wheel? If yes, what is the backspacing recommended.

P.S I already have a 2,5 inch liftkit

colorado76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ran tires from BF - MT size 255 x 85 16's ? I have a 3.5 lift kit on my KJ and want to know if they will fit.

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a lot of reading but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for...

What are the largest tires you can fit on a stock suspension 4WD KJ without cutting? It has 225/75-16s on it now.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must of not read much....245/70r16 mild agressive tire I had on mine with front fender measurement of 19"

Didn't rub at all on stock rims

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

0uTkAsT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must of not read much....245/70r16 mild agressive tire I had on mine with front fender measurement of 19"

Didn't rub at all on stock rims

Thank you! I must've been looking in the wrong places. I appreciate the help!

RenegadeKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is at all possible to run 245/75/16 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2's on a 2004 Renegade, without a lift? Would only be for a few weeks till an OME lift kit is installed.

Latest posts

Members online