Streaks of black stuff on front wheel covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

japan

Reaction score
I've been noticing the front wheel covers seem to have a lot of black streaks on them and when asked mechanic he said it was from the car wash who use the tire cleaner. It's been a month since car was washed and waxed so not sure about that explanation. When looking at inside of tires I saw this on the drivers side. To me looks like something disentegrating. I don't know what that part is. Can someone tell me how to send pics to this forum. Tried but says too big. Don't know how to manually downsize like it says to

japan

Reaction score
Disintegrating car part

What is the name of this part?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    6.5 KB · Views: 22

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, you will deff want to have that fixed! Potentially a horrible situation waiting to happen! It will happen if not fixed. Nice chance to upgrade!!!!!

japan

Reaction score
I was told by mechanic today that it is a grease boot and ok to drive till get back from two day trip Just looked at the answers here. Now I'm concerned. Should I not drive it?