Rubicon Wheels and MTR's on '04 Libby???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Griz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just got a used 2004 Liberty Sport and it needs a set of tires. I have an extra set of Moab wheels from wheeling and dealing over the past few years.

My question to everyone here is will the wheels fit okay?

I read that the 245/75/R16's are 30" and will fit a stock Liberty.

I did a search and read a few posts saying they do, I'd just like to get a good confirmation.

TIA

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think from what I've been told here before that 245/70 is the biggest that any stock KJ will run w/o rubbing. To get the 245/75 on you've gotta lift and/or trim.

Let me know if it works. I've got a pre-lowered that I'd LOVE to run 245/75's on w/o a lift, but I'm not down for wasting the $$$ on tires if it doesn't work.

jpm

jkl

Reaction score
they may be able to fit, but without a lift, you will have some tire rub on the front inner fender as well as the pnch weld behind each front tire.
with a 2 inch lift or more they should fit no problem.

on the other hand, if you put some mild tread tires on the moab rims, you should be okay without a lift.. the aggresive tread is what makes the tires rub all over...

let us know what you do, and post some pics if you throw them on there.

Griz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the info posted from Jp Magazine, and I misread it the first time. Looks like I'll need 1.5" - 2" of lift. That'll be on the to do list. Just for grins I will try 'em on and snap a few photos.

Thanks for the info.

Griz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the Moabs and 245/75R16 MTR's on the Liberty last night. The tread on them is about 50%. They do rub still, so definately not a good fit. I didn't snap any photos with the MTR's. So to the tire shop today for some 245/70R16 BFG A/T's.

And hopefully we'll be putting a Rusty's 2.5" lift on soon.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Griz said:
Marlon_JBT said:
Griz said:
Marlon_JBT said:
Griz? Do I know you from somewhere? :-s lol3.gif

You could, I get around.
Itsajeep.org?

Giller's place, yepper, been there since he started his forum.
Giller's place has fallen apart since he got sick and passed though. It's just not the same.

Griz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gill and I are the same age, cancer is a bad thing. I feel for Dorothy and his family, I've known Gill for many years. I have not visited itsajeep.org since he passed away.

R.Rabbit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...down the rabbit hole just ahead of Alice.
any opinion as to whether or not they will fit with a clevis/isolator lift? I got a great deal on the tires not paying attention to the 70/75 ratio #-o and would rather not sell them while I save for the rusty's spring lift.

R.Rabbit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...down the rabbit hole just ahead of Alice.
I just picked up some Rubi wheels and 245/75 Dunlop Grandtrex AT20 and slapped them on my 04 Libby with no lift modifications and they fit. I know they are not as aggressive as the Goodyear MT/R. The only rubbing I have is on full trun lockout on the pinch molding. Click on thr thumb, there are a few more in the folder.
You must be registered for see images

I have some MT/Rs that look like they will fit but I may do a clevis up front since the nose is about anince and a half lower than the rear.

Latest posts

Members online