New Kumho Road Venture at51

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Verification

Reaction score
Had these put on today for some off road fun. Didn't get a chance to use them off road yet. Highway, they are quiet and smooth. In town, a bit bouncy. They are 245/70/16's on factory suspension with no rubbing. I would have preferred BFGoodrich KO2's normally but they would have been a tad overkill with 10 plys and all.
The Kumho tires look great.

https://imgur.com/a/Lz5xAIf

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I ran some Michelin and then Kelly 245/70/16s on my departed 02 and never had a rubbing issue even with the super saggy suspension. Mine was a prelowered build date. Is yours an 02?

Verification

Reaction score
Looks good. I ran some Michelin and then Kelly 245/70/16s on my departed 02 and never had a rubbing issue even with the super saggy suspension. Mine was a prelowered build date. Is yours an 02?

Yes 2002. What do you mean by "prelowered build date"? I get 18 3/4" in front and 19" rear mid axle to bottom of wheel well. My suspension must have been done before.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes 2002. What do you mean by "prelowered build date"? I get 18 3/4" in front and 19" rear mid axle to bottom of wheel well. My suspension must have been done before.

Those are stock ride heights (front is 1/4" low). Prelowered means that some if not all 02s sat a bit higher from the factory, in 03 they switched to a weaker spring and they sat at the 19" ride height. If you had a prelowered and went to the dealer and had them replace your springs with new oem you would get the 19" ride height springs.

From what I understand they switched after a review came out that the Liberty was easy to roll. TJKJ or Tom know the full story and the reviewer went out of his way to get it to roll.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prelowered means that some if not all 02s sat a bit higher from the factory, in 03 they switched to a weaker spring and they sat at the 19" ride height. If you had a prelowered and went to the dealer and had them replace your springs with new oem you would get the 19" ride height springs.

From what I understand they switched after a review came out that the Liberty was easy to roll. TJKJ or Tom know the full story and the reviewer went out of his way to get it to roll.

Yep, after April of 2002 (IIRC) they dropped them about 3/4 of an inch due to alleged roll BS. Mine was built in Nov of 01 and sat around 19" front and back even after 150k on the stock suspension. Got rid of it before I ever got to lift it. Maybe the 05 will get some OME love some day.

Latest posts

Members online