KJ has new shoes: Hankook Dynapro ATM long term review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ended up getting Hankook Dynapro ATMs for the new Moabs in 245/75/16. $104 each from Walmart, total was $680 for all 5 plus 2 new TPMS sensors.
Pics:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks! I think so, didn't really even think about it. Opened the tail gate once and I didn't notice anything weird.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dynapro's are a pretty good tire. Not one of my favorites, but no real issues that I've ever heard of. Pretty good customer loyalty when it's time to replace.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look good, HJ.

As far as the rear window clearing the spare, I am running a little bigger 245/75/17 and no clearance issues.

Keep us posted on how they perform. I am also due for tires shortly.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks!

Will do. Initial 2 mile impression is they're a bit quieter and seems to have a bit more isolated of a ride....but that's probably more due to the increased sidewall and having more tread as opposed to the tire design.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Those tires suck! You should have bought these other ones... :favorites68:

(Sorry - every time I spend a bunch of money on something people come out of the woodwork to tell me what I SHOULD have bought instead.) :happy175:

Looks great, HJ! :)

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
LOL They do suck. :D Should've bought your tires, not just General Grabbers, but your specific ones.

Did about 150 miles on them today - great tire so far. Really refined on road, I'd say they are almost as refined as the car tires on the Cherokee. Wish I had some good snow to test them in.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Any new shoes are better than worn out... all slip radials!
Honestly... those tires suck HJ....I think you should give those 17's to me! :gr_grin:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The old Terras have about 1/3 life left I think, maybe another 15000 miles..they still did good!

Yeah this new combo is just awful. LOL Love it.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish my local WalMart had those in stock 225/75/16

I tried getting a price quote from WalMart on the tires in my sig but they couldn't seem to manage to patch me through to the tire department on any of several calls I made. If your luck is better you might see if they can order them in for you.

I ended up getting a very helpful guy at my local Firestone who found the tires a couple states away, ordered them, and I had them installed within a few days of asking. A dedicated tire shop would likely go to a little extra effort to make the sale. In my case, once the guy realized I was willing to drop $1,000 on tires he moved pretty fast.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wish my local WalMart had those in stock 225/75/16

They can usually get them in a day.
I tried getting a price quote from WalMart on the tires in my sig but they couldn't seem to manage to patch me through to the tire department on any of several calls I made. If your luck is better you might see if they can order them in for you.

I ended up getting a very helpful guy at my local Firestone who found the tires a couple states away, ordered them, and I had them installed within a few days of asking. A dedicated tire shop would likely go to a little extra effort to make the sale. In my case, once the guy realized I was willing to drop $1,000 on tires he moved pretty fast.

Mine was hard to get a hold of on the phone, but it's a 5 minute drive and almost always need something from there anyway.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First time in the ice/snow today...awesome tires.

We had a few hours of freezing rain then got snow after and they worked great. Never had to use 4WD. Even hauled out one of the Christmas trees to the burn pile this evening and it went right through the ice, mud and snow without slipping, was in 2WD the whole time.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love my Hankook Dynapros! I put them on back in July 2017 and they have been great in dry, wet, and slippery conditions. doing a 5 tire rotation this weekend to keep the wear spread out

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
love my Hankook Dynapros! I put them on back in July 2017 and they have been great in dry, wet, and slippery conditions. doing a 5 tire rotation this weekend to keep the wear spread out

Glad you like them, how often do you rotate?
So are you running 17s with stock suspension or do you have a lift?

I'm running Moabs off a TJ Rubicon (16" rim) with about 2.5" of lift from an OME/Bilstein combo.