An inexpensive option for forged, aluminum wheels...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

honu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a set of Dodge Magnum/Charger, 18" wheels on my Liberty. They are a direct bolt on, no adapters or spacers needed. The offset is a bit wider than the stock rims, but I've had no issues with rubbing (I've got a stock suspension set-up). I'm running 255/60x18 street tires for comparison.

I've had these on the Jeep for about 2 years now.

I've seen complete sets for sale on the Dodge forums for as little as $350.00.

Just a thought for those looking for cheap, light wheels.

You must be registered for see images

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Like the look,wonder about tire selection. The wheels look sexy.

honu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would Jeep hubcaps fit in the centers?

No, I already tried that.

There's a company called Billet Tech that sells billet center caps for the stock wheels on Chrysler Corp. vehicles I think they make a set that says Jeep on them, if not, they will make a set for you.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I already tried that.

There's a company called Billet Tech that sells billet center caps for the stock wheels on Chrysler Corp. vehicles I think they make a set that says Jeep on them, if not, they will make a set for you.

That would be cool! Those would be nice for your road wheels for taking trips while having off road wheels as well. I really like how they look on your white KJ. Looks good! Getting Jeep centers would be the ultimate touch.

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran a set of those on my XJ for two years, and loved the look. They look sharp on your KJ too!

jas32

Reaction score
Guys, just a little caution in the interest of safety.

AFAIK (and I could be wrong, and please correct me if I am) the bolt pattern for the Dodge/Chrysler LX/LC cars are NOT IDENTICAL to the KJ. 5 X 115mm for the LX/LC and 5 X 114.3mm (or 5 X 4.5") for the KJ are close, but not quite the same. I know it is a very small difference in diameter but the contact area for conical shaped lug nuts ends up to be just a fraction of what it is supposed to be. I have a feeling you cannot properly torque the lug nuts with that difference in bolt pattern.

I know honu said he's had them for a couple of years, but I personally would not do it. Too bad, since those wheels look really great. I've seen quite a few of those wheels for sale on Craigslist as well.

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, just a little caution in the interest of safety.

AFAIK (and I could be wrong, and please correct me if I am) the bolt pattern for the Dodge/Chrysler LX/LC cars are NOT IDENTICAL to the KJ. 5 X 115mm for the LX/LC and 5 X 114.3mm (or 5 X 4.5") for the KJ are close, but not quite the same. I know it is a very small difference in diameter but the contact area for conical shaped lug nuts ends up to be just a fraction of what it is supposed to be. I have a feeling you cannot properly torque the lug nuts with that difference in bolt pattern.

I also ran those wheels for a few summers on my XJ, and didn't have any problems. You are correct about the bolt pattern issues, but I think the general feeling is .7mm is not really enough to bother anything - who knows what kind of tolerances these wheels are built to from the factory? I know quite a few guys that have run BMW wheels on GMs with no problems either. The Bimmer is 5x120mm and the Chevy is 5x120.7 (5x 4 3/4"). I think if it were an all-out G-machine with a lot of stress on the lug studs during extremely hard cornering I wouldn't chance it, but a regular vehicle ~shouldn't~ have any problems. JMO, of course...

Oh, here's a pic of my XJ with those wheels -

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

jas32

Reaction score
I also ran those wheels for a few summers on my XJ, and didn't have any problems. You are correct about the bolt pattern issues, but I think the general feeling is .7mm is not really enough to bother anything - who knows what kind of tolerances these wheels are built to from the factory?.....

I'm sure you can probably run them for years without any problems but if you hit a couple of deep pot holes really hard and you probably just cracked your nice wheels.

The tolerance argument is somewhat irrelevant, because if there is a tolerance issue, one, maybe two lugs nuts are not seated properly, but not all 5 at the same time! And most likely the tolerance for bolt circle is less than 1/3 of the 0.7mm we are talking about here.

At any rate, everyone can do their own thing, but because you can never predict the unpredictable, I wouldn't do it personally.

honu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was unaware that the bolt patterns differed, I mistakenly thought they were the same because they bolted up.

Obviously, using them for any high stress application, such as off road or even with larger tires, would be unsafe.

I've only used mine for street driving... I'm going to take them off tomorrow and check the lug holes for uneven wear. I will post up what I find and include some photos.

Thanks for the info...